Safe-Eyes - new product review

In the October issue of essentialARB we have a review of the Safe Eyes mesh goggles.

Safe-Eyes have now offered us two pairs of their new product, launched in late September - mesh specs, rather than goggles (designed to EN 1731-2006F) - to try out.

If any of you are interested in trying them out, and then supplying us with 400 - 500 words on your experience with them, please pm me on here and I will get back to you.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a pair to try at Saltex , will always try out new eye protection nearly lost one a few years back. only trouble i found with them the mesh is to dense and blocks of your vision as thay are very close to the eye, which also dosent allow enough light in when working in a dark enviroment like enclosed wood lands or under a tight canopy :thumbdown: but for hedge cutting they are fine :thumbup1:they are my thoughts try them and see for your see

I tried a pair of these at the Arb show, and they would be brilliant for the non-spectacle wearing person. But i wear specs, as do roughly 30% of the population, and this is not addressed in this product, they are too tight fitting to wear over glasses. Shame, i'll not be able to review them now:001_rolleyes:

Many thanks for all the responses and pms. I will get back to you all in the next couple of days. The response to the goggles was very positive - the main problem appearing to be the all-round strap.

I will pass on the comments from here to the company and hopefully they may consider addressing some of the issues raised.

If anyone wants to take a closer look at the goggles, full details can be found at Safe-Eyes | No Misting, No Scratching, Un-fog-able Eye Protection

The glasses which we are looking to trial now are not featured on the website yet, but are made of the same mesh material, the only difference appearing to be the 'spectacle arms' as opposed to the all-round strap.

Thanks again

Margaret

They don't work when it rains. The strap is great and robust but the googles aint the comfiest things you'll ever wear. I give em 5 / 10.

i'd disagree with that.....i actually wear mine when it rains in preference to my steins. I did find mine a little uncomfy at first but undid the strap a little, now they are ok.

i quite like mine....and plus they make me look really cool :sneaky2:

safeeyes.jpg.4186ea24e240dae4527922be648f9026.jpg

i'd disagree with that.....i actually wear mine when it rains in preference to my steins. I did find mine a little uncomfy at first but undid the strap a little, now they are ok.

i quite like mine....and plus they make me look really cool :sneaky2:

I so wish I'd had that picture for the magazine :sneaky2: