Anyone slaicing at AA show?

Hi Steve

Unfortunately you wont be able to get a Slaice done at the show as the Slaice is carried out by Teufelberger only in their factory. But if you require a LOLER passable splice, our CE certified splicer will be at the show as usual this year. He will be more than happy to re-splice your rope.

regards

HB

Many thanks, i was thinking this may be the case. Will come and see you.

Even if not bought from you?

The rope was bought from HB originally, I had a very good deal at the time.

Can't justify binning a 45m rope for the sake of losing a metre or two.

Regards,

Steve.

Tommy,

Just re-read the thread and fully understand your questioning some-one splicing used rope. This particular rope is not that old and has probably only been used around 50 times, half of it rarely comes out of the bag.

If it was well used I would just bin it, but on this occasion I feel it is worth repairing.

Regards,

Steve.

We CAN splice used ropes, it just depends how old it is and its overall condition. There have only been a hand full of used ropes that we have been unable to re-splice.

We can also relabel the rope with a CE mark as long as we have the certification on that particular rope, which as I'm sure you are aware is the majority of ropes out there.

Regards

HB

Not really Tommy, you can have your splicing method certified and then each rope manufacturers rope included in your method, so you can splice a Yale DB, Samson DB etc under the same method but including that individual manufacturers instructions within your method.