Nissan cabstar with a tipmaster tipper

sihart100

hi

ive brought a cabstar a few weeks ago and the outer day while tipping off i noticed what looks like a sheered bolt where the top of the ram is.

ive phoned tipmaster and they wasnt really much help, the bloke on the phone said there was only 1 nut on the pin and a split pin on the outer side, but that doent sound right so im hopping some one on hear with a cabstar with a tipmaster tipper could have a look at there tipper next time they tip off and let me know how theres is attached as i need to get this sorted asap.

also if pos i would really appreciate a pic so i can send it to tipmaster

many thanks in advance simon

597654b43a396_cabstar2.jpg.7a816fc76d63737f5c55d66703d71911.jpg

597654b4386e4_cabstar3.jpg.aa66a9f015ad9ef19fe56854ba858ac1.jpg

597654b43696f_cabstar1.jpg.42b88f381112fe4f22b710bb45ac7098.jpg

i dont think ill be able to weld it as it has shered off about 1-2 mm in side the housing, im guessing the last owner has never greased the rams etc as the pin is siezed solid through the top of the ram.

looks like its going to be a pig to sort out as the shaft that goes through the ram is bigger than the hole for the thread so wont just knock out the whole assembly will need to be striping down just want to try and get the right parts before i attack it

looks like its going to be a pig to sort out as the shaft that goes through the ram is bigger than the hole for the thread so wont just knock out

In that case it can't go any where, so theres no problem, leave it be and just keep an eye on it.

Or you could get a thick washer with a slightly smaller hole than the pin and weld it on the end through the hole.

Edited by skyhuck

i dont think ill be able to weld it as it has shered off about 1-2 mm in side the housing, im guessing the last owner has never greased the rams etc as the pin is siezed solid through the top of the ram.

looks like its going to be a pig to sort out as the shaft that goes through the ram is bigger than the hole for the thread so wont just knock out the whole assembly will need to be striping down just want to try and get the right parts before i attack it

there may be a bush in there as well get soaking it wd40 or simlar :thumbup1:p/s looking @ them marks on the frame somebod has tryed doing somthing with it in the past

That idea with the washer might work def easer that replacing the shaft

ive been greasing and soaking everything with wd40 already, but someone has defiantly been messing as it looks like someone has tryed to prop the tipper up in the past with some some bricks right next to the hinge at the back and slightly dented the rails on the tipper but nothing bad. thats the prob when buying second hand, but cant complain as i got it cheap just means a bit of tinkering to get everything sorted