Try one of these chains and get a refund when you post your findings!

Rob D

:)

Got x3 of these chain samples (from China) for people to try. The deal is - you buy these for £20-00+vat from here OFFERS | Product Categories | Sugihara Guide Bars

You pay for it.

After you have given it a good ragging you post pics and a few sentences of how you found it on this thread. And then we'll refund you.

This must be within 30 days of buying it. If you don't get round to posting the pics and info then no refund so please think carefully before doing this.

If you can't see them there yet it means I haven't quite finished putting them up.

597670e54c3ac_CHchain.jpg.66d5de705a135291c1e79c256fc5a880.jpg

.404 harvester?

I'm currently trialing some Rotatech aka Piranha (?) on the harvester; lost its edge very very rapidly. Didn't put it on a brand spanking bar but soon got fed up (after a good few tries) that I just whipped it off and put Oregon 18HX back on - problem instantly solved and stayed like it. I will put the Piranha on the grinder when I get chance and have a few more goes but sorry to pre-empt my report - not looking great so far... I can with 18HX put a hundred ton of first thinnings or 1000 of log through no problem before noticeable drop in cutting speed; this was smoking after 10 tonnes. I even upped the oiler to be sure. Only cutting hemlock!

First things first gents ;) These have only just arrived.

I only have these samples in these particular lengths and sizes. If people try them and like them next stage will be to get some reels in of different sizes.

But I need some testers for these first - they are the only ones I've got and I can't shorten them as the tie straps may be different to Oregon or Stihl.

So no takers on this so far? I'll test a loop but would be better if a few other people could do the same...

You will be refunded as soon as you post your findings back on this thread!

• 1 month later...