Courteous thief..

GeordieBore

Ever so nice of the robbing t@#t who decided to break into my car, take my saws off the top, remove my jackets, waterproofs, helmet etc to get to my climbing and rigging bags then kindly put my jackets back in. Cheers mate!!

Edited by David Humphries
Language

Pretty crappy thing to happen too anyone,theuvin scumbag...but beggars the question why leave all tour kit in the car in the 1st place.

Have to admit I read the post and thought the same thing. Sorry for the loss though had it myself and it's a kick in the teeth

Back late going to be out early.. laziness I know but im sure most of us have done it. Its not like anything could be seen from the outside as its all blocked off. But hey lesson learned.

Edited by David Humphries
Language

Three of us were in our tractors first thing on a Monday morning. The tractors had been left in the field over the weekend.

I turned the key and nothing happened. Looked over at the other guys and saw them having the same problem.

All the batteries had been nicked. Much swearing, scumbags etc.

Then found that they had bothered to put all the nuts back on all the battery clamps and terminals, rather than just cutting the battery cables.

All this meant that a short trip to the local tyre and battery store was followed by a quick battery fitting session and I think we were going again within the hour. If they had cut the cables it would have been a different story.

On top of this they had left my favourite spanners and other tools as well as my portable transistor radio.

Is there such a thing as a good thief? Or perhaps a less bad thief!

Three of us were in our tractors first thing on a Monday morning. The tractors had been left in the field over the weekend.

I turned the key and nothing happened. Looked over at the other guys and saw them having the same problem.

All the batteries had been nicked. Much swearing, scumbags etc.

Then found that they had bothered to put all the nuts back on all the battery clamps and terminals, rather than just cutting the battery cables.

All this meant that a short trip to the local tyre and battery store was followed by a quick battery fitting session and I think we were going again within the hour. If they had cut the cables it would have been a different story.

On top of this they had left my favourite spanners and other tools as well as my portable transistor radio.

Is there such a thing as a good thief? Or perhaps a less bad thief!

A farmer friend had a starter motor nicked off a vintage tractor he owned, the thief left the nuts and washers neatly placed in order on the front axle. He told me that in his opinion the man who wanted it was either a mechanic, or he took a mechanic with him.