Husqvarna 550 opinions please

Steve Bullman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve

yes there is a heated handle version , and a non easy start narrow starter version as well

Things are different now it's much easier to get any product now I can get any dolmar product from a axe up too a PTO saw-bench

Every dolmar OPE comes with full warranty and I give full support during amd warranty :001_cool::thumbup:

That's great news. Good to hear. Have you got a dedicated UK Dolmar website? cheers, Steve

That 0.5 Kg will just make you stronger. It's like chainsaws for Alpinists!

I used to use a 460 all day instead of a 5105; less bending over with a longer bar, more firepower = more work done, less backache.

Grin. I love using the 560 for that reason, but not a fan of snedding pines with an 18" bar. On hardwoods it's a different story and the 560 is ace, but I get a big grin on my face running down a stem with the 550.

Grin. I love using the 560 for that reason, but not a fan of snedding pines with an 18" bar. On hardwoods it's a different story and the 560 is ace, but I get a big grin on my face running down a stem with the 550.

Perfect :thumbup::thumbup:

It must be bit of a difference picking up the old 9010 after using them pair :lol::lol:

That's great news. Good to hear. Have you got a dedicated UK Dolmar website? cheers, Steve

Not yet steve iam building it up as funds allow, iam trying to build everything without any finance

But a UK dealership is on the agenda :thumbup::thumbup:

Perfect :thumbup::thumbup:

It must be bit of a difference picking up the old 9010 after using them pair :lol::lol:

Been using the 9010 a good bit now. Love the big dogs on it. It just grunts through the timber. It's settled down now, took a couple of cans before the idle came good. It's quite happy on Aspen and I'm really quite impressed. Had it up the tree a couple of times too.

Good point re hardwoods; last time I was on the 46 was felling and converting elms. Last saw work was brashing; no thanks 460! Yes please Dol 115 :biggrin:

I'm becoming a proper pussy.

I have always had stihl and really have got on well with them, I just felt the quality was slipping and those flippy caps are just poor, I like good kit and the way it feels, the 550 fuel caps are simple and feel good to use, never need to double check that they are on and tight, the 550 is well balanced most the mass is central so it feels great and is very nimble, it's power is impressive, it's become the first saw I pick up, it's punching above its weight, it does drink fuel but I guess that's as it's working harder, no idle issues, cold start fine, hot start fine, sometimes if it's neither hot or cold it's takes a few pulls, its easy to forget that this is a small saw, I find myself cutting bigger stuff when really I should use the 441 but if it's just a few cuts and chain is bright it just auto adjusts the fuel map and off it flies mines a 2015, keep meaning to get it plugged up to see how many hours it's done and at what load etc, will likely sell my old 026 and ms250