Husqvarna 550 opinions please

Steve Bullman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had mine about a month, its a really nice powerful saw to use. Great for up in the tree.

I've found if your logging up bigish timber with it for a while on a hot day it will over heat and cut out though, and occasionally for some reason it just decides it doesn't want to start and wont idle either.

Cue the Ayatroller...!

Wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

I would say this tho. I pre-ordered the 560 when first announced, and likewise the 550 when Chris Sheppard got his. Both went back to the dealer within a month. Gutted but seen the light since.

Imo and Ime of course.

That last part is key I think. Owning a new husky requires a bit more finesse than some of the saws of old. You really have to pay attention to things like starting it from cold, warm, and out of fuel.

They're also not built to take the battering that older saws were.

I've found that the guys who've had no problems, and look after them really rate them, but the more demanding users, or those who have had poor examples understandably dislike them.

That last part is key I think. Owning a new husky requires a bit more finesse than some of the saws of old. You really have to pay attention to things like starting it from cold, warm, and out of fuel.

They're also not built to take the battering that older saws were.

I've found that the guys who've had no problems, and look after them really rate them, but the more demanding users, or those who have had poor examples understandably dislike them.

That last paragraph, some insightful stuff there Joe:biggrin:

I've had mine for just over two years, and I'm having exactly the same issues others have had. 3 brake bands, 1 clutch spring, both AV's gone (in last month), of which front one broke again the day after the new one was fitted! Pain to start, cuts out randomly etc. It hasn't had an easy life, and I did treat it to a Sugi bar, but I don't think I'll get another one.