End grain block - wood flooring cobbles

SteveA

We've had a bit of a chat about indoor wood block flooring on the Canadian Woodworking vintage forum (lots of Wadkin hot rodding going on in Canada!)

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/tools/power-tools/vintage-power-tools/52432-wood-block-flooring

You mentioning the Portek reminds me that I've got some photos of a gadget I fabricated to cut shingle blocks to length in the woods. The saw was bolted to one of Logosol's mounts (attaches to the bar cover nuts) and then attached to a pivot on the frame.

Nice one. Just the job mate. I did consider making a chainsaw pivot thing myself but I can't weld and that would be project in itself! :001_huh:

cheers, Steve

• 3 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update to my post 18 and second take of end grain floor, due to pre-empted movement of large sections, our mark 2 end grain floor! again helped by grandchildren during the construction

That is so cool.:thumbup:

Are the blocks simply set in concrete, if so was it a dry or wet mix please?

S.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...