Toro

Bird

In really stoney edges I just use edging shears near windows. Really isn't a noticeable time loss once you get used to how to use shears. Doesn't really work if the lawn is the same height as the border though.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 21inch mower it it does all of the above... was thinking of adding a smaller mower for those stamp sized gardens, but will have to wait..

Very keen on the stihl things though, the thought of less petrol seems to be tipping me over to it as much as anything else.. never thought about that till you mentioned it in one of your posts...

Oh, strimmers, just bought a 150 stihl strimmer, well a month or so ago.. smashed one fellas window with it, he wasn't happy.. went back a fortnight later, told him I'd be very very careful and no I wouldn't smash his window again... I feathered the accelerator round his lawn edges and was just about to finish and decided to give it a flurry to finish off..

Smashed his sons new car window.... he wasn't happy... hence my interest in the battery strimmers... can't see those being able to flick a brick across the lawn...

I can't understand why only one mower could be enough when doing grass cutting for a living?

What about when it's broken?

And that's ignoring the fact that there is no one perfect mower that does everything well

I can't understand why only one mower could be enough when doing grass cutting for a living?

What about when it's broken?

And that's ignoring the fact that there is no one perfect mower that does everything well

Well I see it like this, why carry an extra mower for one or two jobs in a day.

Better off using the one and making do with that..

Like you said, theres never going to be that perfect mower for all occasions, compromise with a view to efficiency.. One mower 21 inch does the job... bear in mind I mostly do domestic...

If it breaks down, its time to think of getting a new one... I want my mower and anything else to start first time every time...

Well I see it like this, why carry an extra mower for one or two jobs in a day.

Better off using the one and making do with that..

Like you said, theres never going to be that perfect mower for all occasions, compromise with a view to efficiency.. One mower 21 inch does the job... bear in mind I mostly do domestic...

If it breaks down, its time to think of getting a new one... I want my mower and anything else to start first time every time...

It's not just about the engine though is it. If you buy a decent mower the engine is likely to outlast the rest of the mower these days as engines are reliable on the whole now(on decent machines)

I would not put the heavy kaaz on rough ground, wet sodden ground or really small lawns as it would not work right or do it any good

I just downsized my van from a mwb semi high transit to a swb vivaro, I managed to load the vivaro with everything I need whether i'm landscaping, gardening, or doing tree work, which is about half of what was in the transit. Its amazing the amount of crap you hump about "just incase", its made me a better operator as I now keep my reduced equipment in better order as I've no room for spares, and the van is much better laid out and kept tidy as I no longer have the space to open the back doors and chuck everything in at the end of the day. I have a Rover 20" aluminium decked b&s mower in the van, a Bolans mulching mower, a Tanaka tbc230 multi tool, Echo packpack blower, couple of chainsaws, Makita DPC6400 consaw, all my power tools for decking/fencing etc, kango hammer, masonry toolbox etc in the van full time. Plenty of room left for the cement mixer and barrow on landscaping days, chopsaw etc on woodworking days,or my heavy duty strimmers etc on clearance jobs. two stage ladders with large and small step ladders on the roof rack, means I can hit the road on gardening days with out the trailer, just fill the back of the van with ton bags full of cuttings. Anyway that's my setup, it works for me but might not for others.

One or two jobs a day ???????? is that how many you do in a day ?

Ste

No, I mean one or two jobs that might be better off with a bigger mower or smaller one...

Richard1234

The mower I have is a 21 inch honda, not half as heavy as Kaaz I suspect. if I want to I can use it as a mulcher, its what I've been doin today..

Flat tire

That sounds like a good set up, but all I do is load what I need on the day...

Being a Transit pickup, I can't leave things on the van...

On mowing days its one Mower, one strimmer and one stihl blower hand held...plus a rake, spade, fork and a couple of gallons of petrol

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1462373288.133825.jpg.6433eedbb624adb437f4024ab6ef750e.jpg

Very impressed so far with the time master I bought last week. First cut was over some very tough mole ridden grass which had not been cut since last October, handled it well. Second cut gave a good finish. Just need to get use to its propulsion, the more you press on the tap handle the faster it goes!