buying a domain name

flatyre

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did all mine through siteground not long back. I found it reasonably priced and a simple process even though I had never done it before. Layout of my site is by using Wordpress but you can choose which you want (though how you choose from a list of unknown things is a bit beyond me, like reading a menu all in a foreign language)

Happy enough to recommend them to others.

Finally got into wordpress but its asking me to pay £85 up front before I can start designing my website, is there a way of having a play around in wordpress to see if I like the results before buying the site?

just had a go at the free wordpress web designer, it would be fine for a basic blog but too limited for a full website, wouldn't even let me load up my logo. Does anyone have a wordpress website up and running so I can see what the premium package can do? I thought these web templet sites allowed you to create the site before paying, but wordpress seem to want the cash first so I can't see what i'm buying until pay for it:confused1:

just had a go at the free wordpress web designer, it would be fine for a basic blog but too limited for a full website, wouldn't even let me load up my logo. Does anyone have a wordpress website up and running so I can see what the premium package can do? I thought these web templet sites allowed you to create the site before paying, but wordpress seem to want the cash first so I can't see what i'm buying until pay for it:confused1:

really confused what you're talking about to be honest. Wordpress is entirely free, I can't think of any stage at which wordpress asks you for money. Its only themes that you have to pay for, but even then there are plenty of free ones.

These are some of my sites that run on wordpress. I don't think I paid anymore than £50 for any of the themes they are using. I have a few plug ins that I use on all of them which cost a few quid extra but they are not necessarily vital.

Tree Shirtz - Arborist apparel online shop

Smart Phone Apps for Arborists - Brought to you by Arbtalk

http://www.arbtrader.arbtalk.co.uk

Arborist equipment and machinery reviews