STIHL battery saw

RC0

Yea, Silky I will get one and a few other battery operated implements I think..

Well a pole saw maybe or maybe a strimmer..

If I'm gonna pay all that for a battery, it'd better earn its keep on more than a chainsaw..

I find the stihl offers a better feel in the hand and quieter, tho struggles with torque which cause strain on the wrists.

The husqvanra offers more power, tho it is noisey.

I have both and do preferr the stihl for 1-4 inches, the husqvanra for 4-6 inches and petrol power for above.

You really need the highest capacity batteries, dont waste time on lesser capacity as you wont be happy.

I find the stihl offers a better feel in the hand and quieter, tho struggles with torque which cause strain on the wrists.

The husqvanra offers more power, tho it is noisey.

I have both and do preferr the stihl for 1-4 inches, the husqvanra for 4-6 inches and petrol power for above.

You really need the highest capacity batteries, dont waste time on lesser capacity as you wont be happy.

Arent you Terry>?The bloke who was banned?

The only real benefit I could imagine is the quietness which would make communication with the lads on the ground much easier but there a lot of money still and lithium battery's don't normally have a massive life cycle.

I'll stick to a saw that I can service and adjust myself, plus I like the scream my ms200 makes and I like the smell of burning 2 stroke, reminds me of my motorbike days lol

The only real benefit I could imagine is the quietness which would make communication with the lads on the ground much easier but there a lot of money still and lithium battery's don't normally have a massive life cycle.

I'll stick to a saw that I can service and adjust myself, plus I like the scream my ms200 makes and I like the smell of burning 2 stroke, reminds me of my motorbike days lol

There are other benefits apart from noise, although that's a big one.

There's no starting or stopping a battery saw, it's always on and always off.

Yesterday, for example I was deadwooding and siding up a very large oak, it could take a while to negotiate to where I wanted to be, on the way I might have to nip something off, maybe not, but the saw was not burbling away unnecessarily, and I didn't have to start it.

You'll have one within eighteen months.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Old man's car is fine by me! I am a Grandfather afer all...like the 160T it's not how something is perceived to look like that matters to me but how it performs. And i've used both the Husqvarna and now mine and like Steve said the possible reason for the quieter Stihl may be down to it Mini Rollomatic bar and tiny chain.

Also the battery may seem better than the husky due to the narrow pitch chain not having to push so hard through the wood.