Ebay issue - any ideas what to do about this one?

agg221

• 1 month later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on this which may be useful to some.

The seller was not at fault, so I gave him the time to get the refund through from Parcelforce, which he received a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, in the meantime the window for opening an Ebay case closed, and the seller has decided to take advantage of this by ignoring all communication so at the moment he has both my money and the same again as reimbursement from Parcelforce!

I was just gearing up to start figuring out how to use Small Claims, when a conversation with a very helpful person at Ebay (yes, you really can speak to a person, and they ring you on a callback so it's free!) established that, because I had paid by Paypal, this gives a six month window in which to make a claim.

The seller continues to ignore efforts to contact him, either from me or Paypal, which results in a default position of a refund, straight from his bank account, which in my view is much better than the Ebay position of him getting away with keeping the money and me being reimbursed from Ebay fees, as this just keeps fees high and effectively condones theft.

Should be getting the refund in a couple of days.

Alec

Why do people become insensitive about past issues. The refund will shock him and rightly so.

The ebay non payment handling is mediocre at best. I've had non payers then you wait for them to do very little, then relist item, which on every occasion I've lost value on. The culprits should be suspended at the least.

Why do people become insensitive about past issues. The refund will shock him and rightly so.

The ebay non payment handling is mediocre at best. I've had non payers then you wait for them to do very little, then relist item, which on every occasion I've lost value on. The culprits should be suspended at the least.

Ebay own paypal, so they want people to only feel safe buying through paypal, that way they make money twice.

I once sold an item on eBay, sent it with parcel 2 go through yodel

Tracking number showed it had been delivered but the signature was a different name

Buyer claimed never received item

Ended up having to refund buyer and lost the item,

I even looked the address up on Google Street view, let's just say it wasn't the best of areas

Used parcel force ever since

Have had that a few times, every time paypal has been on our side.

If it's tracked and signed for your case is usually 100% secure

Its people giving out their paypal information, getting their accounts hacked then some scum bag using it to buy on ebay.

The scum bag and the buyer always wins but sometimes we dont have to lose out if we do it right.