Ebay issue - any ideas what to do about this one?

agg221

As a buyer, according this article, Ebay sides with the buyer. There's loads of ways published to get your money back shown here - It?s seller beware as eBay?s buyer guarantee is exploited by scammers | Money | The Guardian

Unfortunately for all concerned if the carrier doesn't accept responsibility, someone is going to undeservedly lose out.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not nice ive had this a few times before so i have a note on door all delivery drivers if no answer only leave parcel with neighbours i list the numbers of trusted ones , and also have full CCTV i inform any delivery company or ebay seller or any one that i order off or 2 thing The trusted neighbours and CCTV never had a prob since

I would message the seller, and get them on board. I think its the sellers responsibility until the goods have been recieved by the customer so technically its the sellers problem but in real life they have dove everything they can so not there fault however there responsibility. Put a ebay dispute on for the item not received, this will then lead to as PayPal refund. Its not Paypals fault however there fees cover buyers protection which sounds like it needs to be used.

Sounds like the courier has signed for it and left it, otherwise he wouldn't have left a card.

Open a case with eBay, if it's through PayPal you and the seller should get their money back since it was tracked. We have had this quite a bit usually with stolen PayPal accounts, never got our money back if it wasn't tracked though.

Thanks for the thoughts - to address the questions above:

Parcelforce have a 'signature' on a screen (we have a screenshot) and it looks nothing like either of ours. We can get statements from independent people (colleagues) to say where we were at the time - no CCTV in place there though.

A passing neighbour or similar would have resulted in a note saying 'with neighbour', not a note saying 'side door'.

We did not leave instructions as to what to do if we were out, so my understanding is the default position is that they try our neighbours (they usually do) or take it back to the depot (annoying as it's 20 miles away, but better than not having it.

Unfortunately I am in Essex and the seller is in Bristol, so it would probably cost me more to hire some rough men for the day and take them down there than I am going to recover (unless they fancy a day out to the seaside at Weston Supermare of course).

Alec

if you end up going to bristol you can pick me up on your way there and i'll be your hired muscle if you like.

i buy alot off of ebay and i think gary prentice is right. this should be a problem for the seller not you. get in touch with ebay and find out what their viewpoint is but i think they will say that until it is in your hands you have not received it so responsibility lies with the seller of the item.

the courier leaving a card and getting a signature sounds dodgy but it has happened to me.

the courier left the card just as i noticed he was leaving the package round the side of the house the so i went round the front and signed for my package, so it can happen.

In your position Alec I would go back to Parcelforce and basically explain that the signature has been forged and you can prove it.

See what they do. If 'not a lot' then ask to put in a formal complaint saying that you can prove that this signature was forged as neither your wife or yourself could have signed for this parcel.

Follow the complaint up.

Although it may be down to the sellers responsibility as they chose the courier I would chase this myself while at the same time logging a dispute on ebay. It may not be the sellers fault but it is up to them to help you on this.

That way you have a two pronged attack and one or the other should hopefully result in a ruling in your favour.

The card and the signature don't make sense. Has the delivery driver put the card through then an opportunist walked up your drive/path and parcelforce person said

"Are you mr Gunner?"

Thief replied "Yes" done the signature and cleared of with detector?

Will your wife or yourself be around to catch driver another day, do you have the drivers name? I.e so and so will be delivering your parcel between x&y. Today.

The driver may confirm someone defrauded him, then for what it's worth it's a police matter.

I also feel sorry for seller (as well as the buyer who has no detector) neither party has done any wrong, also remember all the threads we have had that as sellers we complain about buyers destroying chainsaws etc. and then complain to seller and eBay for refund.

I often use Hermes when I'm selling as it has insurance, is there any insurance with this delivery, certainaly worth asking seller about it.

Edited by roys