Pricing fencing

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to derail but what is the going rate for stock fencing i.e. net and two strands per metre then? :blushing:

I've always done it at £20 metre inc materials (posts, wire, staples etc), manually rammed in etc. I heard "farmers rate" for the same was always £5 per metre??? and thought I was expensive???

Don't mean to derail but what is the going rate for stock fencing i.e. net and two strands per metre then? :blushing:

I've always done it at £20 metre inc materials (posts, wire, staples etc), manually rammed in etc. I heard "farmers rate" for the same was always £5 per metre??? and thought I was expensive???

wish i could charge £20 a meter!!

im about £20 per metre for stock but it depends on the amount of strainers and turners, i recently done one for the waterboard and charged them £40 per metre as the site was horrible with lots of twists and turns, they nearly bit my hand off so i dont know what they were being quoted :confused1:

i've only ever done timber so far.

the log splitter i bought a while ago has a hydraulic power pack on it with two pumps & it's towable. one drives the ram & the other is free for something like a jack hammer. i thought it might be handy if i ever ventured into pallasade or anything on hard ground... I spoke to one company a while ago & £100 a metre seemed to be the going rate to supply & erect 8ft pallasade. is that about right?

Nok088.jpg[/img][/img]

The fencers Ive worked for charge £100 for a panel . Thats two posts and one panel erected sand / cement included :001_smile:

Pallasade comes in 2.4m sections so thats around £40 a metre? Seems cheap (i'm not familiar with the prices at all).

The yard in the photo above is mine & when i got it there was chain link fencing falling apart. The landlord put the pallasade in but i rang a few companies out of curiosity to see what it cost & that's where i got the £100 a metre from. Maybe they could tell i didn't know squat...

we have done a few domestic fences over the last few years, nice change sometimes, i always get the customer to pay for materials up front and they are fine with it.. sometimes i think we go extras with building it strong but i try and build them to last like as if i'm doing it for myself. pricing? well theres a fine line between ripping someone off and working for free..

Just done 70ish foot of 6 foot high close boarded fence. Cost me £533 for materials including postcrete and used about 2000 nails in the paslode. Posts dug and installed one day, the rest done on a second day. Charged £1200 and was cheaper than other pure fencing contractors that had priced it, even though I over spec'd it with 4" posts 30" buried with 2 bags of post crete for each post.

I only priced the job as I was doing the tree and hedge removals to make way for the fence. Like Ed says it makes a nice change every now and then