How to Check who has Certs?

Sburdy

He can get new copies of his certificates if he has any, but contacting Nptc he'll have to pay for them though.

We had a climber on for us that had lost his tickets , he never seemed that bothered but we needed to have them on record. NPTC needed quite a lot of exacting information and it was a bit of a struggle, we got there in the end but it was not easy .

Bob

Yeah, I had this with a fella. I suspected his certificate might have been fake (lost the card but brought a copy of the certificate) - I called the NPTC to check up on the details and they couldn't tell me anything without talking to the lad because of data protection apparently (even though I had his name, candidate number, don etc and simply wanted a yes/no as to the legitimacy of his documents). I'm then in an awkward position - do I let him know that I think he might be a liar as I need him to talk to the NPTC in order for them to talk to me?!

I binned him off instead, he wasn't much cop and the NPTC's position forced my hand a bit instead of giving me the opportunity to give him an opportunity.

Personally,i wouldnt trust anyone who "lost" there skills cards and certificates.Its not difficult to put important documents into a safe place at home.

If thats his kind of mentality whats he gonna be like on site...oops sorry boss forgot my boots...oh sorry mate forgot what time i was supposed to start today...the van??? I dunno...um... i parked it...somewhere.

If he's got certs but can't find his docs, then it would pay him in the long run, to get copies direct from NPTC. If you just would like to see his certs, that's one thing. But if you're going to insure him, the company may need a photocopy of his certs. Either way, he's going to have to obtain copies of his certs/docs.

I am sure that the only way is for him to contact the NPTC directly. They absolutely won't communicate any of his info to a third party (DPA). From his perspective, it would surely be a wise (and not too large investment) for him to have his own certificates to hand for job interviews and so on.

Personally,i wouldnt trust anyone who "lost" there skills cards and certificates.Its not difficult to put important documents into a safe place at home.

If thats his kind of mentality whats he gonna be like on site...oops sorry boss forgot my boots...oh sorry mate forgot what time i was supposed to start today...the van??? I dunno...um... i parked it...somewhere.

I " lost " all my plastic cards when my wallet was stolen . I would not trust me either :001_smile:

I'm in a similar position, had all my ground maintenance gear & important stuff in a 'secure' lock up, went away on holiday & got cleared out! Have got the cards in my wallet but over time & working in the rain they kind of paper macheyd (*sp !?) why they don't come laminated or why I didn't I'll never know. Now after applying for replacement cards only (£44 per cert!) NPTC can't match my addresses at the time of assessment, even with my candidate number - v frustrating...