Pto winch to hydraulic

Gray git

Hydraulic motors that slip straight onto the PTO shaft can be sourced from Concrete Pan mixer suppliers.

They have them to convert the mixer from PTO on a Tractor to running off Hydraulics on a Telehandler.

However like everything at present it’s a complete lottery if they’re in stock, what lead times are like, and the price is guaranteed to have gone north!

Eddie.

I'd be wary of getting any hydraulic pto as they seem to come in higher speeds ...There's a hydraulic pto moter on my alpine mounted on the front.. I've disconnected it at the seals on the front spline went and also it was 1200rpm so only suitable for mowers and would of been dangerous for a winch !

24 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I'd be wary of getting any hydraulic pto as they seem to come in higher speeds ...There's a hydraulic pto moter on my alpine mounted on the front.. I've disconnected it at the seals on the front spline went and also it was 1200rpm so only suitable for mowers and would of been dangerous for a winch !

I’ve had two different pan mixer ones and neither made the full 540 rpm even  with plenty of revs on.

Best was the one that slipped straight on the shaft with no adaptor.

Plenty of torque though.

Eddie.

• Like 1

Just for information, I’ve not done much winch research in a while, so assume other manufacturers have similar alternatives now, but this was one of the main factors I purchased the ZS version of the Tajfun 65 Winch at the time.

It has twin pto inputs so can easily be switched from 540 conventional to 1000 reversed speeds for front mounting.

It proved to be a very capable and reliable unit.

Eddie.

29199FEB-2514-4FD4-960F-31130DE91388.jpeg

• Like 1

That's definitely the ideal winch if you have front PTO but for us poor buggers that don't the motor conversation is the next best thing, definitely going to look into the mixer option.
Vary rarely do we ever want or need the winch running at 540 as this can lead to a lot of snatching and shocking which ultimately results in something breaking.

• Like 1

That's definitely the ideal winch if you have front PTO but for us poor buggers that don't the motor conversation is the next best thing, definitely going to look into the mixer option.
Vary rarely do we ever want or need the winch running at 540 as this can lead to a lot of snatching and shocking which ultimately results in something breaking.

I thought all pto winches ran at 540?