Portawraps

Vertical Lmit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snap....didnt get nothing with mine and have never seen one with them. one portawrap i used once was a little confusing, didnt wrap like the one i was used to. at the following show i asked at a stall selling the particular device, even they weren't 100% sure but managed to just about bluff their way through it

I only just found out I was using a Buckingham portawrap 3 wrong, by looking through Sherrils catalogue I see you have to feed the rope through the top hoop. Which looks a pain as you have to pull the rope back through this everytime, and when it twists well its a pain.

I'd always just wrapped it the same as an old style ISC or any other device.

I have seen groundies lose the rope on the newer ISC devices, apparently your supposed to use a karabiner to secure the rope to the bollard through the slots on the side, which makes sense, but as there are no instructions I don't know for sure?

Hopefully we will have a GRCS tomorow and the bollard will be relegated to light lowering and occasional use.

you can download buckinghams port-a-wrap instructions from there website

http://www.buckinghammfg.com/productwarninginst/productwarninginst/instwarnings%20pdf/601INST.pdf

Not many companies seem to publish instructions as they probably expect you to know how to use them , which is useless if your not accustom to a particular new product etc.

have 3 different ones and no instructions though have had training which is always better have worked on sites with other tree companys and have yet to find one that uses them properly even failed one on a loler inspection due to incorect use

GRCS instruction dvd was fairly good though could have been better for how much they are

you can download buckinghams port-a-wrap instructions from there website

Not many companies seem to publish instructions as they probably expect you to know how to use them , which is useless if your not accustom to a particular new product etc.

That looks so much simplier than what I was thinking, just goes to show a simple picture cannot always make clear how to set-up a device.