called out to finish job

Robert_S

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finish a two day pruning job yesterday for a 93 year old regular customer of mine. The job was just lots of bits and pieces, mainly a large hedge reduct.

On our arrival on Wednesday morning we spotted some "work" had been carried out on a very large conifer on the main approach to the house.

When we got to the house the elderly chap answered the door and greeted me with "did you send some blokes to top that conifer for you?"

The old gent went on to say that these guys had knocked on the door and said that the "regular tree guy" had sent them round to top this tree. He also said they were very pushy even showed him a business card, but didnt leave it.

On looking at the job done, you can imagine the standard of workmanship and the amount of stuff left round the back of hedges, shrubs and still in the tree!

We ended up doing the work i had quoted for, and the clear up from my "associates"

Just goes to show they can even prey on customers who have regular contractors!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If a Client offers to pay me half way through, or god forbid at the very start! I always turn them down and take payment at the end. That way I feel like I'm working towards my payment with a greater eye to detail and take more pride in my job. If i was to take it half way then I would feel a little half hearted about doing a job I have already paid for!