Chainsaw boots as walking boots?

Stoatally

I need a new pair of walking boots but also want a new pair of chainsaw boots more suited to climbing than the hulking great pair of treehog extreme boots I bought for 30/31.

The walking side of it would be walking the dog a couple of miles a day, not proper hiking stuff - no worse than a bit a brash dragging.

I've been looking at Meindl Airstreams or Scafell Lite boots.

What does anyone think?

I use walking boots for climbing..have 2 pairs of AKU'S which are fab for both walking and climbing.tough,compersite toe cap..have scaffels,mendils..but wouldn't use them for hiking,walking.

Hahahahaha!

I'm the same as 5-Shires, use walking boots for tree work (non-chainsaw stuff, obviously).

My Salewas are awesome to climb in, and fantastically comfy for every kind of trekking.

I had AKU's before them and they were just as good.

They're not cheap at about £150, but my £200 chainsaw boots last twice as long so it's win/win.

• 2 years later...
On 13/04/2016 at 21:32, Joe Newton said:

I have Scafels, Airstreams, and Stein Werewolves.

All are great, but if you already have a pair of chainsaw boots, I'd go for the Werewolves. Fantastic for climbing, and very comfortable for hiking too.

Hi Joe and others

I just signed up to this forum, hello from Finland!

I know this is an old thread but anyways:

I too hope to find chainsaw boots suitable for hiking, too 

So if comparing Stein Werewolves to Meindl Airstream do you find, by your experience, that Stein Werewolwes are more comfortable for hiking? The terrain I most hike & walk is forest or hills, not really rocks or mountain..therefore, I think the sole could have at least some flex ability..if possible

Further, I do not climb in trees

I appreciate any help as this the first time I'm on the market for chainsaw boots.

Thanks, Artto