7.5t Tipper - what's best?

J Holtby

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

f you have subcategory*C1E*(107) on your driving*licence*and wish to drive a vehicle and trailer with a combined weight of up to 12 tonnes you can apply for provisional subcategory C1+E in order to take the test.

Dave you and i have a 12t train weight once you have the 107 restrictions lifted, basically by doing the test so at the moment although we have gf rights to drive 7.5t with a trailer we have the 107 restrictions limiting the train weight to 8.25t.

Nowt is easy in this life! Just gathering all information possible and this morning went to my local garage about inspections, there no problem £100 a time Inc greasing etc but then I ask about mot, basically round here with Vosa closing there testing stations there are only private ones left and I was advised to book a year in advance! What if it needs a re test I ask ( called 3 firms) 3 weeks if your lucky I get told! Basically with so many hgv round yorkshire and so few testing stations capacity is full.

I always use a regular mechanic who is proper old school and very much a perfectionist sometimes to much. The only 2 things he cannot check is the brakes and emissions a lot of mechanics/fitters don't have brake and emissions testing equipment . Last time I went my truck failed the brake test typical !!.

I always use a regular mechanic who is proper old school and very much a perfectionist sometimes to much. The only 2 things he cannot check is the brakes and emissions a lot of mechanics/fitters don't have brake and emissions testing equipment . Last time I went my truck failed the brake test typical !!.

We have a friendly hgv fitter up the road that lets us on his brake rollers for £25 (folding) . Thats not bad for six axles ,half an hour of his time and the ten minutes the poor sod needs to spend with a broom when we have gone :)

Bob

Where does it all finish it just gets harder and harder to stay legal these days. No wonder there's so many people running around illegal maybe there better off taking the risk and paying the fine. That way would maybe cheaper than running to the book and that's if you get caught the longer they get away with it the more money they save.