Micro forestry

I know of a member on here who had one and didn't say many kind things about it, I'm surprised he has not commented all ready on the thread but the long and short of it was it broke down lots... And for the money I think he was glad when he waved it good bye.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you actually looked at the specs of the new 821 , new Heavy duty bogie boxes in high tensile quality steel, New designed articulated steering joint , centred and protected pto shaft, articulated steering joint in high quality steel , increased load capacity 2500kg , better centre of gravity , hydraulic braking , hand brake on seat so follows you , reverse drive , use the crane with the accelerator , bigger crane base , 4.2 extention crane, increased ground clearance . anyway it sounds you have made your mind up about it so i will not carry on but i think you are so wrong and i look forward to seeing your posts about your new purchase it should be interesting , i hope you make the right choice because its alot of money even if you get 40% back on the price .

its all about the maintenance and good operation of the machine i have seen Alstors which have been abused and people wonder why they break down in my years i have had very few days which i have had down time and every job has been completed . Any piece of kit if you don't look after it will fail

Have you actually looked at the specs of the new 821 , new Heavy duty bogie boxes in high tensile quality steel, New designed articulated steering joint , centred and protected pto shaft, articulated steering joint in high quality steel , increased load capacity 2500kg , better centre of gravity , hydraulic braking , hand brake on seat so follows you , reverse drive , use the crane with the accelerator , bigger crane base , 4.2 extention crane, increased ground clearance . anyway it sounds you have made your mind up about it so i will not carry on but i think you are so wrong and i look forward to seeing your posts about your new purchase it should be interesting , i hope you make the right choice because its alot of money even if you get 40% back on the price .

That is certainly an impressive improvement over the original. I admit, my experience is only with the original and I shall reconsider the 821 in light of the improvements. Still a lot of money though!

J, jumping in late on this post, have you decided on your "forwarder" yet, seen you wre looking at the Bison wih kranman, just check on what rotator is fitted, a lot of the smaller kranman stuff is the equivalent to a GV1, and struggle with anything bigger than 300kg, also the boom material isnt as strong as some (twisted the end where the hoses exit the end, no doubler plates round the exit slots), good enough kit for low impact and smaller stuff, but dont quiet have the "guts" for hard work

J, jumping in late on this post, have you decided on your "forwarder" yet, seen you wre looking at the Bison wih kranman, just check on what rotator is fitted, a lot of the smaller kranman stuff is the equivalent to a GV1, and struggle with anything bigger than 300kg, also the boom material isnt as strong as some (twisted the end where the hoses exit the end, no doubler plates round the exit slots), good enough kit for low impact and smaller stuff, but dont quiet have the "guts" for hard work

Kranman do a Pro series option on the 10000 with everything beefed up. It would be something I would check though.

• 1 year later...

I use a patu on the rear of a tractor in the smaller  thinnings, on jobs with a lot tonnage to forward i use my Osa 250 to forward and smaller jobs use a tractor and forwarding trailer, setup works well, looking at fitting the Patu onto the rear of the Osa to give me a better seating position and more hydraulic flow.

20170728_141247[1].jpg

20170628_144601[1].jpg

20170616_143237[1].jpg