Husqvarna 365 special

avio

I had one, bought it second hand as had to replace stolen saws quickly and cheaply. Did the job but was a bit tired as second hand stuff tends to be! Vibrates screws out so lost a few that held the chai brake handle on and the felling spikes.

I'd look at a new one if possible as bigger engine and won't be any chance of it being a bit over worked!

I have had the Jonsered version of this saw for about 8 years. It has been a very dependable saw. I have run up to a 28" bar on it and cut some 30-36" diameter oak with it. I use it usually after the wood gets >20" in diameter.

Slightly over engineered ( 372 bottom end ) and slightly under stressed ( slower revving ) making it a bombproof reliable saw in its day . . If you get a goodun its likely to be a goodun for a long time if you maintain it .

Hi

365 is a nice saw, agree with Stubbys comment, also it can be modified to a 372 by grinding the fins from the transfer covers, the only difference (AFAIK) is the 372 has slightly larger piston & bore.

There are two versions: 365 special (earlier) & 365 Xtorq being 65 & 70 cc respectively - both are excellent saws. No autotune in the 365xt so no expensive electronics.

Pulls a 20" bar very well, havnt tried mine on larger bars but perhaps consider skip chain if used with a 28".

N

Edited by NFG

Hi

365 is a nice saw, agree with Stubbys comment, also it can be modified to a 372 by grinding the fins from the transfer covers, the only difference (AFAIK) is the 372 has slightly larger piston & bore.

There are two versions: 365 special (earlier) & 365 Xtorq being 65 & 70 cc respectively - both are excellent saws. No autotune in the 365xt so no expensive electronics.

Pulls a 20" bar very well, havnt tried mine on larger bars but perhaps consider skip chain if used with a 28".

N

Think OP is referring to the older Special .

There have been 3 versions of 365 in my life time . 365 , 365Special and 365Xtorque

I have used the 2 earlier versions . First 365 was open ported I think with a Zama carb . Also was front chain tensioner . The 365 special was a much stronger saw with closed ports and a Walbro carb . Side chain tensioner . Also stronger 372 bottom end as stated above . If its a special as your title suggests its a good saw .

Edited by Stubby

There have been 3 versions of 365 in my life time . 365 , 365Special and 365Xtorque

I have used the 2 earlier versions . First 365 was open ported I think with a Zama carb . Also was front chain tensioner . The 365 special was a much stronger saw with closed ports and a Walbro carb . Side chain tensioner . Also stronger 372 bottom end as stated above . If its a special as your title suggests its a good saw .

Thanks Stubby, diddnt know about the earlier one.

N