selling logs in bulk

simonm

I have a fair few ibc's full of split logs, i am fed up of faffing around selling 1 and 2 at a time to various customers as we are generally busy doing other work i am finding it hard to find the time to go out delivering, mite sound like a silly question but is there a market out there for wholesale logs? i am considering selling in bulk.

I have a fair few ibc's full of split logs, i am fed up of faffing around selling 1 and 2 at a time to various customers as we are generally busy doing other work i am finding it hard to find the time to go out delivering, mite sound like a silly question but is there a market out there for wholesale logs? i am considering selling in bulk.

Of course there is, but like most things comes down to price.

If there is still some meat on bone for the next man then can't see you having a problem selling.

I am looking for £70 plus vat per cage, minimum order of 5 collection only, preferably an ibc exchange 10 empty cages in 10 full cages out. Access is a bit restricted i have had an 8 legger in before but no bigger, all hardwood mostly beech at the moment.

I am not a large scale firewood merchant logs are a by product of the tree work we do, and so don't have an endless supply of logs, i have around 100 cages of hardwood that was felled and split before christmas.

That sounds to dear to me if you want to wholesale some out in bulk but you may be lucky, I know they are slightly over but we class an ibc as a cube, and we sell at £80 a cube hardwood inc local delivery. So at that money there isn't enough left in it for anyone to make any money.

Bob

I am looking for £70 plus vat per cage, minimum order of 5 collection only, preferably an ibc exchange 10 empty cages in 10 full cages out. Access is a bit restricted i have had an 8 legger in before but no bigger, all hardwood mostly beech at the moment.

I am not a large scale firewood merchant logs are a by product of the tree work we do, and so don't have an endless supply of logs, i have around 100 cages of hardwood that was felled and split before christmas.

No chance i reckon.

If you were to do it at 50-55 then you'd probably move it on, thats why i just sell as logs to domestics