Atv trailer

Treemover

looks like you did a good job, you should put a few more pics up though..

As it happens, I've been on a trailer hunt myself, but can't make my mind up what to go for...

A tipper?... Flatbed.. general purpose?....one day one sort seems like it might just be the ticket, then I wake up next day wondering why I ever thought such a dumb idea was ever worth considering..

Even thought of building my own but know full well how it would end.... half finished project put on hold awaiting my next bout of enthusiasm...

Anyways, well done of building your own...

Thanks Vaspasian; I made a few errors that I dont mind disclosing. One my uprights are too wide, so the odd log does tend to rub the wheel. I just turn the log, but a small gusset should sort it. The upright is back in from the wheel, I use a flat board as a prop; but I never allowed for the curvature of logs!! Especially first thinings.

I bought larger tyres, for more ground clearance and better flotation- ie 25-12-9 and I build most of it using heavy box as opposed to standard as most 'ready made'. My axles are well engineered as opposed to just a simple hanger setup. I didnt fancy the idea of a wheel hitting a stump and all that force on a piece of flat steel!

My plan is to also put a flat deck and tipper on it over time.

I thought two hours cutting and welding would do it! It took me two days!!!!!

ohh I have the axle on a 40-60 split so the theory is it allows the front wheels to climb easier with 40% of the weight. this setup has one flaw, it puts the pivot on a turn to the back wheels, which reduces the turning ability; but it does allow an easier turn.

It pulls so easy, and the little kubota is a better match than a quad. I have a honda 350es.

It was a labour of love, but the sense of reward is worth it once finished. My only fear is my welds failing; but I gave it two trial runs before painting; just to be sure.

At worst, my welding is now a great deal better!

Nice one, my welding is naff and holds me back.

If it's just you using it does it need a Headboard. The kubota isn't likely to go too fast and slam on is it?

Maybe cost you two days but compared to a manufactured one, how much did them days work out at???

That's often a satisfying result, though you do buy a CE mark with a commercially produced one.

It was a labour of love, but the sense of reward is worth it once finished. My only fear is my welds failing; but I gave it two trial runs before painting; just to be sure.

At worst, my welding is now a great deal better!

I was gonna say that, that the sense of satisfaction must be great after finishing your trailer build...

:thumbup: