Router table

Ian Leach

What are looking to do with it Ian?

I had one of these but other than the cast table didn't really rate it but then I am spoilt having a spindle moulder that can take router cutters. RPMS-R-MK2 Heavy Cast Router Table with Sliding Table

Not difficult to build your own and just buy an insert for fitting the router on to. All the spring and hold down look nice on fancy tables but a MDF feather board takes mins to make and work great. You see tables made to do loads of different jobs but all I can say is in a reasonably well equipped workshop all mine gets used for is some mouldings with either bearing cutters or a straight fence.

What are looking to do with it Ian?

I had one of these but other than the cast table didn't really rate it but then I am spoilt having a spindle moulder that can take router cutters. RPMS-R-MK2 Heavy Cast Router Table with Sliding Table

Not difficult to build your own and just buy an insert for fitting the router on to. All the spring and hold down look nice on fancy tables but a MDF feather board takes mins to make and work great. You see tables made to do loads of different jobs but all I can say is in a reasonably well equipped workshop all mine gets used for is some mouldings with either bearing cutters or a straight fence.

It's mainly to make boxes for my pens so doesn't have to be that big , I don't think.

• 5 years later...
Hi,

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, but I saw in the "Best Of" a section on woodworking, and homemade router tables and thought I would share... OK, guess I am showing it off a little too! I made this circa 1999.

Some of you may notice this - its the same as Norm built / used for years, until he came up with Rev 2 of his router table with improvements.

I have a Porter Cable 75182 model router, 3 1/4 HP, 15A router mounted in it... its 10,000 - 21,000 RPM make it adjustable so you can lower the "torque" for big / massive cuts. It has its own dust baffling / collection system, and is *amazingly* clean when hooked to a 4" dust collector port (min 1000CFM). It literally does not "spill a drop" unlike the unholy particle cloud one can make with a router and most other methods! It can hog off huge cuts in one pass, while staying smooth and clean.

I can post more pics if desired, it has a ton of neat features on it... its trapped in the corner behind a few things in my now multi-use shop area, but I could drag it out if anyone is interested.

Every bit of it you see is hand made... top, fence system, etc.

Tim

Attached Thumbnails

• post-9690-14071853083039_thumb.jpg

And another view...

Attached Thumbnails

• post-9690-14071853084589_thumb.jpg

Looks very interesting,
What features?
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]