Choosing a Mower advice.....

buford

Most of the ones im looking at are around 40kg give or take. What do you think of the Mountfield 5P505R V, new model by looks of it, using the Honda GVC160 engine. I might just settle for the Honda, it is prob a little pricey, hopefully will last a long time tried and tested and possibly hold its value more than a lesser known?

Any of the Kaaz clones in my price range, the lawnflite pro fall into that catagory?, the Weibeng looked very similar but again was upper 50's in KG.

Most of the ones im looking at are around 40kg give or take. What do you think of the Mountfield 5P505R V, new model by looks of it, using the Honda GVC160 engine. I might just settle for the Honda, it is prob a little pricey, hopefully will last a long time tried and tested and possibly hold its value more than a lesser known?

Any of the Kaaz clones in my price range, the lawnflite pro fall into that catagory?, the Weibeng looked very similar but again was upper 50's in KG.

Gardenkit is the man in the know of the new Roller Mountfields and he talks highly of them .

Ste

Ill hunt him down and PM him tomorrow if he wouldn't mind, its probably my current second choice, looks good but I can't find any reviews on it. Not sure its been out long, it replaced the similarly named previous model.

If you search in the Mower bench thread there is a bit about them just recently.

Ate

Ill hunt him down and PM him tomorrow if he wouldn't mind, its probably my current second choice, looks good but I can't find any reviews on it. Not sure its been out long, it replaced the similarly named previous model.

Hi.

The SP505R V should not be classed as a "Honda Lookalike" as it has very little in common except the engine. It is a totally new product from Mountfield featuring its new 'J' deck. This new deck is pressed from steel in a new method which allows a deep deck profile, a feature previously found only on ally decks. This deep profile is key to good collection. Shallow decks just don't work as well.

The 'J' deck is so named as the bottom edge is rolled right round and up again, forming a J shape rather than the normal L shape, making it much more rigid than other steel decks. It is also galvanised prior to powder coating.

The single belt, twin pulley variator supplies power to a very heavy duty cone clutch gearbox mounted above the roller which drives the 127mm ribbed roller via a chain drive.

I recently used one of these mowers and to be honest was very impressed. I have not sold Mountfield since the demise of the Plymouth built 'real' Mountfield in 1999, but these new models have prompted me to once again sell selected Mountfield product.

At £699 I reckon this 48cm mower will take some beating. I have not yet written this to my website

But if the budget would stretch another £150 why not buy the very best and most reliable 48cm roller mower on the market today? The Kaaz 48cm roller has to be the best mower ever built, we still see many 25 year old machines in for service in near perfect order. They are now fitted with Subaru, but I still have a Kawasaki in stock hence my web page, which i will change when I restock with the Subaru

Kaaz LM4851KXR Rear Roller mower

We run a Honda , have done for a couple of years now, no lifting handle but a bit of ply will allow you to roll on or off with ease, Viking not really suited to professional user too many issues with drive, haven't tried a Kaaz but have also heard good reviews, Etesia have now added a rear roller attachment to the 46cm mower although pricey we have found the Etesia with its ability to pick up wet grass exceptional but a bit heavy, plenty of choice around but reliability will no doubt be the issue.