Greenmech issues. Advice welcome

Dr.Green

So , after owning a 150 for almost 2 years now it's now developing faults. Firstly within the first year , corrosion issues , in places that clearly shouldn't have this happen. then other faults including failed stress box (2 weeks downtime during high winds / lose of work) and now flywheel bearings gone

Machine 200hrs , never abused as I keep all firewood/ timber size stuff

Recently sent an email inc pictures regarding corrosion , as I'm just within my warranty, no reply , thou I have been in touch a few times . To be honest I've beginning to lose faith in a machine that I hoped would serve me very well and not look like a dog in 5years.

The main issue is I've been in the motor trade for 20years and still have a part in a body shop so I can clearly see a major flaw in undercoating processes in the factory

Before I take it further (to the top ), I'd like anybody's comments on there machines and coatings. And before anybody says 'should have bought a TW,Forst etc, I'd be doing the same if the same happend :)

Thanks in advance folks

I have a new mk2 130 coming this week,spent a lot of time using and assessing other choppers and it's a minefield,guess we go with what we think looks good such as colour and most importantly after sales,I live 20 mins from were they are made and surrounded by dealers,see what happens but I know have made the right choice.only time will tell I guess:thumbup:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new mk2 130 coming this week,spent a lot of time using and assessing other choppers and it's a minefield,guess we go with what we think looks good such as colour and most importantly after sales,I live 20 mins from were they are made and surrounded by dealers,see what happens but I know have made the right choice.only time will tell I guess:thumbup:

Sorry chippers not choppers...birthday today to excited I can't spell properly.:laugh1:

I'm aware that Orange Plant no longer deal with after sales or new sales, rental only.

My experiences with them was average.

I'm sure GM will be looking for the next dealers to focus on customer service. I certainly have that feedback to Spence, who is a top chap.

Russ

PS - 5 Shires, you won't be disappointed fella. Enjoy!

I'm aware that Orange Plant no longer deal with after sales or new sales, rental only.

My experiences with them was average.

I'm sure GM will be looking for the next dealers to focus on customer service. I certainly have that feedback to Spence, who is a top chap.

Russ

PS - 5 Shires, you won't be disappointed fella. Enjoy!

Cheers hobb's Am sure all will be fine...always issues with new stuff...getting mine through global sales in Birmingham...Rod & Elliot have been great,after sales is spot on so I don't mind if things come lose or wobble,piece of mind is a massive selling point.

I have to say my dealer back up is spot on , they are always helpful and if there is one available give me a replacement when mine are in (if i need it ). GM themselves are always happy to answer questions and help with diagnostics on the phone. It is used machines I brought too . As stated before chippers get a fair hammering and ours are no different so we have the odd issue but nothing out of the ordinary .