Greenmech issues. Advice welcome

Dr.Green

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had nothing but great service from GM, even to the point of the engineers very patiently talking me through an issue for a good half hour whilst I was under the machine in the workshop on my used 220.

Second that Pete dealt with an issue on my 1928 which was a couple of bolts mid rounding. Took it to the dealer and not only did the sort the problem but replace the bolts with a much higher grade for free.

Other than that mines been spot on.

I've had nothing but great service from GM, even to the point of the engineers very patiently talking me through an issue for a good half hour whilst I was under the machine in the workshop on my used 220.

Greenmech have always been incredibly helpful and patient with me over the years. I've run a variety of their machines (all purchased second hand) and have learned my way around them pretty competently with the assistance of Mac and Jason down the phone.

Before knocking their build quality, come and have a look at my 2005 1928 Safetrak. I bought it off a railway contractor 5 years ago showing 50hrs (it had just had a new computer and a brand new engine fitted, but looking at the condition of it at the time I would guess it had done at least 2000 hard hours on the railways prior to my ownership, not the easiest environment on a machine). The clock has just gone over 2000 hours with me, and we work the machine hard on utility and site clearance work. Other than routine maintenance (which I am anal about to be fair) the chipper has been fantastic, and I will be surprised if it's not good for another 2000 hours. I doubt there are many other 11 year old hard worked front line chippers out there still earning a living that are on 4000 hours plus.

Everyone keeps harping on about Forst and I think they look pretty good - however, every single person that I have spoken to who owns one has had recurring problems (paint being one of the worst issues). Redwood have apparently been very good in terms of backup to their credit. I'm also aware of at least 3 TW230s that are suffering from fatigue/cracking. Those are a very good machine, but I'm not sure they have enough metal in them (as a result of the 750kg ceiling) to last very long.

Woodchippers work in an extremely harsh environment, subjected to vibration/abrasion/impact/temperature fluctuations/road salt/intermittent and uneven loading on the flywheels/blades/engines etc. They are dragged along at high speeds immediately in the slipstream of tow vehicles that spray mud/stones/salt straight at them in all weather conditions. It's amazing that they last 5 minutes really, and probably forgivable if they lose their lustre after a couple of years IMO.

• 7 months later...

I'm remiss in not putting up the end result re my Arb 130 paint issue.

Spence from GM came out to look at the chipper following a fairly vanilla inspection from Orange Plant.

Got to say I was ready with all sorts of stuff from ''The Consumer Rights Act'', but I'm very happy to say that this was not required.

Spence went back with the photos to Head Office and within 3 days had informed me that the affected areas would be dealt with and during this time a loan chipper would be given to me.

In fact what happened was that the whole of the bodywork was replaced with new. The only original parts left were the chassis and the engine. Added to that was the service, and the blades being replaced with new ones - all foc. An Arb 150 was given to me for the two week period, all the to-ing and fro-ing was done by Spence who kept me fully informed.

Transpires that my Serial No fell into the time frame where the initial base spray method was being changed from manual to auto and quality was not as it should be.

No drama, no quibbles, no half measures. Fantastic service, fantastic chipper.

Cant recommend this company enough. Aftersales Support is a massive issue and GM go all the way.

To anyone thinking ''should I go green?'' - do it with confidence.

Russ

Dealers...they deal, then duck 'n' dive.

It would be better if for sales G.M sold direct to the customer avoiding useless 3rd parties.

G.M have been very good to me all down the line from the day I visited the factory to buy my first chipper a CS100.

Support over the phone is A1 and the guys are very patient in a crisis.

Following my comment on here about our Quadchip bodywork fissuring and breaking up, PeteB sent out a new panel all the way to France on the condition I fit it myself and never return to Britain ever again...harsh but fair.:laugh1:

In return, I ordered a new G.M 200 which is due in before Xmas I hope:thumbup:

Ty