My 'Previously enjoyed' Entec

TuscanPhil

Hi, I've just become the proud owner of a 'previously enjoyed' (ie second hand!) Entec chipper The serial number is CH25PH77030297 but it looks like the original engine has been replaced as it is now fitted with a Honda V Twin 20HP engine which looks almost new!

I have lots of questions I'm afraid but would be grateful for any assistance you can give or pointers as to where I should look.

It all works fine, including the A/S mech, roller fwd/reverse buttons and stop bar but I need to get the blades and rollers sharpened as they are not at their best. Are the rollers meant to have 'sharp' edges as they are currently a bit rounded and don't always pull in as I think they should.

I know the cutter blades are held on with TX50 and I think the roller blades are held on with an 8mm hex, but are there any hints and tips as to how to get them undone as they are all stuck fast! I've given then a spray with WD40 and will try again next weekend.

Is there a user/maintenance manual you can link me to please? I have found the TW125 manual for Feb13 and Sep15 but I think my machine is a bit older than that! and thus might be slightly different

I'm also missing the start/stop key but as I can use a screwdriver, there doesn't seem much point in getting a replacement one.

The hydraulic tank breather also can't be undone - it just spins. Do I have to take off the filler/filter assembly and try to get a spanner on to the underside? What's the tank quantity and is it just 'normal' hydraulic fluid? ISO 46?

It seems the Honda engine hasn't had an oil/filter change for at least 300 hours, so that's high on my list of jobs to do. The Kohler rev/run time clock is around 1450 hrs - is this low/normal/high for a machine of its age?

Sorry for a bombardment of questions, any assistance gratefully received.