Dalen 2054 Processor

firewood

Has anyone had any experience with the Dalen 2054 processor?

How does it compare with the equivalent Hakki?

Pricewise, it seems to be on a par with the Hakki 1x42.

However the Dalen can cut up to 44 cm diameter timber.

Also , any parts / service horror stories?

I've seen one working with a very large firm in Northern Ireland, and a local guy I know has one. Very well built, proper harvester bar, the one in NI works solidly 8 hours a day every day and no serious problems.

Seem to be an excellent piece of kit.

What sort of price you been quoted?

I've seen one working with a very large firm in Northern Ireland, and a local guy I know has one. Very well built, proper harvester bar, the one in NI works solidly 8 hours a day every day and no serious problems.

Seem to be an excellent piece of kit.

What sort of price you been quoted?

For the 2054 THS (i.e. PTO only) the starting price is £12450 plus VAT

Obviously with a bit of negotiation this will come down and the dealers (Marshalls, Hartfield , Sussex) seem very keen to demo and sell some units.

Yet to see it in anger.

seen it working looks a good unit, does it suit your method of working. I cut and season cord wood up to 8" in 4ft long then process inc splitter. Over 8" I billet them and then process out without splitter when seasoned. The dalen would be too good for billets. If you have a good concrete hard standing and a machine with bucket then the dalen would be the way to go.

2 of my customers have them and get on well with them - the slewing elevator is a nice touch. Only thing I've heard is the newly designed guarding system can be a bit of a faff if you are used to using other machines.

With it having such a big cut, it's worth investing in the extra knives - 44cm diameter into 6 is still huge!

As with a lot of processors though, when cutting big diameter into shorter logs, be ready to lift the guard up and stand them back on egde - less of a problem on stove wood but a PITA on "normal" logs.

With the available timber for firewood getting bigger diameter, weve seen a definite increase in people billeting - speeds the drying up no end too :thumbup1:

Edited by Chris Sheppard