Old school crooks....

eggsarascal

Ronnie Biggs, for those too young to remember. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Biggs.

The great train robbers who were thieving murderous scum that attained celebrity status .:thumbdown:

Bob

Everyone forgets the post office worker/ BR employee who died. Must have been hard on their family for all those years after seeing the media play Ronnie Biggs and co up.

• Thanks 1

Just read this on the news there and police have described them as ' career ' criminals . I'm thinking this must equate to just long-term petty crime . For me the severity of sentence should reflect the danger they represent to the public , obviously in this case not much ..

• Thanks 1

Spare a thought for those who lost family heirlooms etc, and hard earned wealth, if you admire those who inflict that on others, and the general taxpayer, you could do with a long hard look at your reasoning.:thumbdown:

Hard earned wealth stored in a security box sounds dubious to say the least . Its probably been hidden from the taxman :lol:

Family heirlooms ...fair point .

Not everyone who has lost from the result of that robbery has spoken up yet ? ....Again may be Ill gotten gains ?

Spare a thought for those who lost family heirlooms etc, and hard earned wealth, if you admire those who inflict that on others, and the general taxpayer, you could do with a long hard look at your reasoning.:thumbdown:

Get a sense of humor.. they've been caught, time to have a laugh about it all..

Get a sense of humor.. they've been caught, time to have a laugh about it all..

I got cleaned out a couple of years back, I'm still not laughing about that, or any theft that costs others dear, I have a sense of humor, don't fret about that, but I think some people just don't have the savy to see how this sort of crime affects others, so I will prove my humor if you get a bit of empathy for the victims, I think that explains my stance on thief lovers...:laugh1:

• Thanks 1

They should be left to rot in prison they were all career criminals who made a living inflicting misery on others I find no humour in that at all

As long as people get justice and criminals get caught, then that aught be the end of the matter...

Criminals can be funny, mean or plain stupid... I reserve my contempt for the mean ones....

Hard earned wealth stored in a security box sounds dubious to say the least . Its probably been hidden from the taxman :lol:

Family heirlooms ...fair point .

Not everyone who has lost from the result of that robbery has spoken up yet ? ....Again may be Ill gotten gains ?

Supposition in part there mate, but I'm sure there was some of that going on, having a bit of a cash job and keeping quiet about it is one thing, someone nicking it after would be a right royal pain in the starfish, if they were ten or a hundred years old.

These old duffers made a life of thieving off others, geld them and stick them in a cell with big Bubba...:001_smile:

• Thanks 1

I can't stand thieves but I must admit I got sucked in with the 'romanticism' of this blag. A few old duffers with the audacity and balls to carry out this job and succeed to a degree. The fact it was from a vault, that the victims were the super rich blah blah.

Having taken a step back however my feelings have changed. They are criminals, I have paid for this case indirectly, there are victims, some of these guys are connected to Kenneth Noy, cop killer and road rage murderer. Do you think that these harmless old boys would be so harmless if somebody had crossed them? I doubt it. There would have been consequences I'm sure.

It is all too easy to carried away with the medias reporting of this case, to see it through rose tinted specs, I am guilty of that but can see the bigger picture.

That's my 2 bobs.

• Thanks 1