Arbotech pro4 wood carver

plippy

Well found Phil! I'm always looking for new sanding/wood removing tools.

I got one of those arbotech discs and it's pretty good and have not had any kickback.... but not used it that much yet. It's good for getting bark etc off before sanding.

But may have a look into getting one of these holy gala wotsits as well...

this looks like more of wot i wanted

YouTube - Holey Galahad

These are flippin awesome. Carver si uses one, got it ealier this year. He did have one kickback which unfortunately put the thing out of true, but got a new one and no more probs. I didnt watch the vid, but does it say that there are various grades, with more / less teeth. Very useful bit of kit.:thumbup1:

They look really good - I've just ordered one off here Classic Hand Tools Limited - King Arthur's Tungsten Carbide Abrasive Sanding Discs

Went for the roughest one (unlike me!!:001_tt2:) with the fixing nut. I'll see if I can get a vid up when it arrives.

:laugh1:

:thumbup:nice find rob, am looing at gettin one now and they are reasonably priced:thumbup:

I use these 4" discs, but they are called sabre, you can also get all sorts of shaped burrs to fit a straight die grinder. I don't use the 4" discs as much now but they are great for rapid removal of wood, I have the mini arbortech attatchment with the tungston carbon tipped cutter don't bother with the cutter any more because you can not cut very deeply. It is good tool because I can run the same kind of discs in the 2" version which is great for shaping.

I don't like the look of those lancelot discs with cutting chain, its scary enough using a grinder with just a sanding disc on, a chainsaw with a carving bar is much safer!

Tommy