Toro Turf Time Master

mowandgo

Just after a mower that can cover ground fast & process material fast, long thick grass & gives a nice reasonable finnish on large low grass areas. I dont want a ride on as i think there alot of messing around for my jobs. 2 acres is biggest I do.

The Turf or Time master looks impressive. I have never found mulch/collect/side discharge mowers to be consistant more a poor jack of all lawns. But 30 inch deck walk behind with simple economical 180cc engine sounds good.

I would like to here of peoples exeperince with them and find out if there up to the job.

Had one for about 2 months - and then traded it on. Found it didn't like cutting at the lower heights, the drive was very weak and it was awkward to use(too heavy to handle and load).

We run mostly with kubota ride-ons and then Estesia push mowers and were looking for something in-between. We've decided our existing combination works fine the way it is.

We had the turf master.

Iam looking to replace my Honda 537 its very tired & as a domestic Honda machine performance is way off what it was out the factory.

Its not a bad mower been very reliable I think the (versa mow) twin blade mulch lets it down it saps to much power & terrible in the wet. Mulching is poor too. Its very good on all terian & collection is good in the dry & leaves a nice finish. I think the gcv 190 is just a bored out 160 & its a bit rough use alot of fuel too. I would not have another as its not lasted & its not consitant enough in all conditions.

Iam going to get a etesia pro 46 soon great on small lawns great pick up in wet & dry & durable. I also used a viking 248 not realy upto the hours i use it for its to be expected at £250 new. I was pleasntly supriesd how much quicker a smaller mower is on a smaller lawn.

I need a larger 21 inch say for bigger ground. Iam a bit confused about the market. The best one is the honda hrh 536 very expensive however.

we have had two kaaz mowers at work, if its dry conditions they bag amazingly well, nimble, easy to maintain and generally seem to go on for an age.

dont like the small tank for fuel that means i need to carry spare, want an all day tank like the john deere.

if i could time my cuts to suit the dryest days i would definetly have another kaaz. we just sold our 2011 mower to partners dad, he using it now for grass cutting round and loves it.

Just after a mower that can cover ground fast & process material fast, long thick grass & gives a nice reasonable finnish on large low grass areas. I dont want a ride on as i think there alot of messing around for my jobs. 2 acres is biggest I do.

The Turf or Time master looks impressive. I have never found mulch/collect/side discharge mowers to be consistant more a poor jack of all lawns. But 30 inch deck walk behind with simple economical 180cc engine sounds good.

I would like to here of peoples exeperince with them and find out if there up to the job.

Here a link to my video of my Toro which I swear by , on me 3rd season with very little issues, I have modified the blades to cut lower and picked up the rev a wee bit and a bungee cord for wet conditions to keep grass box lid open .

Remember this mower is not really suited for the UK grass conditions but more the dry state yank lawns and it does Stipulate in the manual for USE ON WELL MAINTAINED LAWNS, It cuts the specific lawns I regularly mow and saves me 4 hours week compared to using my Honda pro etc .

Has said its heavy and the drive will not stand a young inexperienced lad dragging him out of bed .

Ste

a 30" deck cut and collect seems a lot to ask of a 180cc engine, same size is used on many 21" mowers - it is having to do nearly 50% more work on a 30". I expect it cuts low if the grass is already short.

I think it would be worth losing fuel consumption to have a Honda GXV270 on a big pedestrian mower.

If I need to replace my HRH536 hydrostatic I would try the new hdrostatic Viking with single handlebar, similar price, but would give it a go to see if it's any better in the wet. My old Viking 7 series is better in the wet, but only cuts 30mm, the new one will do 25mm, some customers like it very short.

a 30" deck cut and collect seems a lot to ask of a 180cc engine, same size is used on many 21" mowers - it is having to do nearly 50% more work on a 30". I expect it cuts low if the grass is already short.

I think it would be worth losing fuel consumption to have a Honda GXV270 on a big pedestrian mower.

If I need to replace my HRH536 hydrostatic I would try the new hdrostatic Viking with single handlebar, similar price, but would give it a go to see if it's any better in the wet. My old Viking 7 series is better in the wet, but only cuts 30mm, the new one will do 25mm, some customers like it very short.

The engie in the Toro Turf master is the proven – Kawasaki® FJ180V 179cc Commercial , cracking motor and well up to the job , this mower is not like a Scag/ferris or Conder and not for Paddocks etc so need for a bigger motor .

Ste