Timber arch/log skidded build

smokeygaz

Looks purposeful and well built to me. I would have more support than the small webs on the upright carrying frame. Perhaps 2 lengths of box section from the top corners down to the hitch point.

A large log snagged on a stump or bottomed out on the crest of a hill will exert a massive drag , tearing open welds.

Good job , and for practically nothing.

The to bits of angle iron have a bar to go across with slits for chains when pulling lots of small stuff. Got to drill a hole in the top middle bar and weld a collar in for a pin and shackle to go through and then have either a clevis hook or a pulley on. Going to install a bar for the draw bar to the top bar as support And for skidding bigger stuff. Ill try and find a picture of what I mean. Just going to bolt that in place in case I ever bend it. Saves cutting and grinding at welds and messing up the paint and having to redo it

Weld a length of 25mm bar from the drawbar to the top of the arch with a ring off a chain with a shorter on it. Back over your log attach a chain to the shortener and as you set off the log is lifted off the floor also coming downhill the log drops back to the floor and acts as breaking. So simple we made one it works great

Weld a length of 25mm bar from the drawbar to the top of the arch with a ring off a chain with a shorter on it. Back over your log attach a chain to the shortener and as you set off the log is lifted off the floor also coming downhill the log drops back to the floor and acts as breaking. So simple we made one it works great

I think we posted the same thing at the same time there. Great minds think alike ehh:thumbup1:

Something like this

You beet me to it I'm a slow typer. It works so well better than messing about with hand winches etc. also I welded a shackle to the drawbar and we have a length of chain to reach where we can't get the trailer and drag to where we can attach properly