Which forestry crane?

jamesmerriman7

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a KTS 6.7 on a 10 ton. Good crane and trailer but the grapple lets it down; its not got enough power to match the crane. Also the trailer picks up quite easily when unloaded, a doudle beam would be better. Slewing tourque could be better also. No matter what you've got you will want more reach, bigger lift, more capacity etc. Overall though I'm quite pleased with it for the outlay.

5976708969059_Timbertrailer.jpg.f58a7e51d69a96b9aa483b5f0b4ab361.jpg

Its got the antler type controls on the spool block. Pain to get on and off the tractor. I have them on a bracket onto the toplink which is ok until you want to put the crane on the 3PL. Have you got the Farma yet? I had a 8t farma with the 6.3 G2 crane which was a lovely machine but just not enough lift for me. I still wish I had the grapple from it tho which is better all round than the KTS.

• 2 weeks later...

Went for the Farma 6.3 crane with fold down legs, spool block with 2 joysticks and 4 levers in middle and a flotation valve (if on 3 point linkage will follow the trailer)

Dealt with Chippenham Farm Sales very competitive with price. Found this crane to be best all round in its market for price, lift, 3pt linkage etc

• 3 weeks later...