Which forestry crane?

jamesmerriman7

It all depends on what your after... for example speed or a high lift capacity?

Oniar offer the 52 & 67s which are 5.2m & 6.7m reach cranes, approx. 1 ton close in and 400-500kg at full reach. These models would be ideal for a chipper, biomass and first thinning use. Having smaller lift rams the cranes should be quicker to operate.

Or, if you require the lift, a 72 crane which has a 7.2m reach, approx 2 ton close in and 700kg at 7.2m.

I now also have prices on there new cranes, the 7400 and 8600, which we are quite excited about and will be getting into stock soon.

Drop me a pm with some more information on what you're looking do, your email address and contact number if you're interested. I'd be happy to price and suggest a suitable machine from there

Cheers,

Calum @ Riko

5976705b336d9_Oniar8600.jpg.804a4e08b6dfc353834b17245192c50b.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All come down to how much money you want to spend. You say you want 3pl version have you considered putting the crane on a Jake plate and keeping it on the tractor?

As for brands i've never used the 3 series Botex just the bigger 5 ones. They're great value for money and make good arb cranes. I'm currently rather taken by the Farmi G2 trailers and cranes.

Kesla make some very good cranes i think the 200s come on a 3pl.

Anyone tried the kelfry range, certainly not kesla built quality but looked ok for estate work or thinnings.

Just had a look at 1 of the front loader grabs for shifting timber in the yard today, cheep and should do job fine.