The time has finally come

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not seeing the point of the f8 though Rich. Surely a girth hitch (or Munter hitch if you want it to be able to move better) straight to the krab would do the same job?

Better bend radius and for a lot of people it's something that's already on the harness ...... It's also a lot easier to use in a tricky position then tying a Munter hitch

Update: I'm genuinely hoping to reach that enlightenment stage and post on here how great SRT is. It's not going to be today though

I have stated before that the change to SRWP was hard for me and made me feel the fool at times. I had a lot of years on DdRT and was very good at it. Now you couldn't pay me to go back.

The two things that gave me the most trouble were reflex movement and equipment tuning. New reflexes will come in time but getting your equipment set to its best advantage takes thought. Basically if ascent isn't as easy as walking up a ladder something is not right. You should be able to ascend 40' while talking in a normal manner and feel no shortness of breath. Are you at that point? The new SRWP work possibilities will come but if your system and setup do not give you a ridiculously easy ascent you will be beating your head against the wall until it does.