What are you paying for Aspen fuel?

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To set the record straight.

The RRP of Aspen2 FRT in 5litre cans is £18.98 in 5litre cans.

Most dealers will be similar in price, but there are always some who like to be a little different. Some 'mark up' the price, whist some feel the need to discount it.

The 'norm' is to sell small quantity at full RRP, but many dealers will give a little discount on a volume purchase.

We give 5% discount on 6 or more cans over the counter if asked nicely, whilst giving 10% on a full pallet or 200 litre barrel.

If the £15 that Geoff pays includes VAT then the dealer is either a very good friend or a very poor businessman as there is no margin left at that price.

If the £15 is plus vat then the price is £18.00 which is pretty well spot on with the 5% discount.

We are happy to supply any Arbtalker with Aspen by carrier at the above discounts, and remember that a full pallet of 54 cans will be delivered free to mainland UK (exc highlands and islands)

My biggest gripe is that 20% (of whatever the price is) goes to a UKGov that taxes the healthiest fuel option....it ain't right.

Bah!!

Cheers, steve

I could not agree more. £0.58 of every litre in fuel duty as well as 20% of the total in VAT, so around £6.00 (1/3) of every 5 litre can is paid to the government.

Of course a VAT registered user gets the VAT back but the fuel duty is gone forever.

I could not agree more. £0.58 of every litre in fuel duty as well as 20% of the total in VAT, so around £6.00 (1/3) of every 5 litre can is paid to the government.

Of course a VAT registered user gets the VAT back but the fuel duty is gone forever.

oh jeesh I forgot about the fuel duty....

Double bah!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Plus maybe regular Aspen users save the NHS tons of money through healthier people later in life? (although I haven't seen any evidence of this).

cheers, steve

oh jeesh I forgot about the fuel duty....

Double bah!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Plus maybe regular Aspen users save the NHS tons of money through healthier people later in life? (although I haven't seen any evidence of this).

cheers, steve

There certainly health benefits from using Aspen, but in broad terms the number of small engine operators in the UK are really so small that I doubt the NHS would notice the difference.

Likewise, the sales of Alkylate fuel are really so low in the UK that they fall well below the governments radar, so requests for removal of the tax fall on deaf ears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My nearest dealer (15 miles away) ran out of stock on Aspen so I had to revert to pump fuel again.

Result: The headaches have come back and got a snotty burning sensation at the back of my throat. :thumbdown:

cheers, steve

Sorry to hear that Steve,

We are seeing a big growth in Aspen sales from most of our dealers right now, This shouldnt excuse them from running out but sometimes large stocks can be wiped out very quickly if a professional user comes and buys up a large quantity out of the blue.

I suggest that all of you regular Aspen users call your supplier a few days ahead of collection to reserve stock. We can then get the product to the dealer as quickly as next day if they order before 12 if needed. Following this procedure should mean you dont have to run out again in the future. :thumbup1: