Best Sub 750 KG chipper in 2016

benedmonds

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find it funny when people just blanket say that all -750kg chippers are crap and wont last...

Take the A530 Compact Jensen, It runs a 3 cylinder V1105 turbo Kubota diesel engine whereas the Forst 6" road tow runs a V1505 engine.

Both engines are in my opinion fantastic and these days Kubota lumps are pretty much industry standard.

They both produce similar power however naturally the three cylinder lump weighs in less.

The Jensen also runs a smaller fuel tank than the Forst, but who doesn't have a fuel can in the wagon anyways? The Jensen also doesn't have a spare wheel fitted, but keep one in your chip wagon?

That instantly adds up to the weight of an average person and I'd like to know how that compromises in build quality?

The later galvinised chassis on the Jensen 530 is very well designed and strength comes through its shape. Yes I've seen a few of the older steel painted chassis crack at the A frame but chassis design has moved on these days.

My 1992 Peugeot 205 race car weighs 740kg and I'd sure rather crash at 100mph in that than something modern!

• 4 weeks later...
I have had a good look round the jensen compact machine and it's v poor imo.

Really? I've had first hand experience in three sub 750 machines over the past three years, greenmech, schliesing and Jensen, all things aside apart from reliability the Jensen 750 contractor has been the most reliable hands down, which to be honest has surprised me, I was dubious when it was delivered, it's only issue is the top roller bearing is pants, but when modified its no problem.

Really? I've had first hand experience in three sub 750 machines over the past three years, greenmech, schliesing and Jensen, all things aside apart from reliability the Jensen 750 contractor has been the most reliable hands down, which to be honest has surprised me, I was dubious when it was delivered, it's only issue is the top roller bearing is pants, but when modified its no problem.

Am sure it's reliable enough but yeah it looks pretty naff, nylon belt tentioner, tiny little main drive pulley roller bearing as you mentioned and the small engine, no worse than the competition mind.