Best Sub 750 KG chipper in 2016

benedmonds

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always amazes me how long people leave it before changing the blades !! The simplest of things and cheap as chips to get sharpened and especially the 150 blades , I always found on my old entec they don't take much abuse.... I'd always change them even if they weren't blunt.....

Wi used to use an old yellow thing which i think was an entec and is now badged as the smallest timberwold

It only had a tiny petrol engine think it was about 24hp but had a lot of hours on it and was still going strong it had been used on line clearance so not an easy life

I think if your worried about lifespan go for the smaller engine less productive marginally but less power on the same components as i say that one was in the thousands of hours

Because you're forever seeing scrap yards breaking 5 year old chippers??

No because there like trigger's broom, people spend money on keeping them going, you can't have 750kg and built like a tank.

in the end it will come down to how they are used,serviced & maintainted.a 750 chipper will last as long as 750+ chipper , sharp blades = less vibes = no cracks , so you guys knackering 750 chippers must be running fked blades imo.:biggrin:

Owner operated is a different matter Jonny, its amazing how people look after things they have paid for where as alot of lads just beast things cos its not there's,

Sure you can, here it is [ATTACH]200320[/ATTACH]

That ain't built like a tank lol jensens had some chassis problems. Look at the chassis on a gm , tw230 etc and tell me that will be ok in10 yrs.