Best Sub 750 KG chipper in 2016

benedmonds

The TW 230 is a great bit of kit but has had a few issues, as Ian said somethings got to give on a light weight machine built to chew through big bits. The 240 was a turn table one but they had countless problems from what I gather and I guess TW decided enough was enough.

I used the Jenson the other day and it was really good but I still think it's a machine that will have issues as your sacrificing durability for weight.

Apparently forst said they will not make a sub 750 as there end game is always going to be quality (can't argue with that).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While looking at first aid courses found a buyers guide in Pro arb.

http://flickread.com/edition/PensordFreeLibrary/568f80343b9f6/

Looks to me like it is between the GM150 or TW230. How are these machines lasting. Orange plant txt today with 2014 machines with 300 hrs... That's nothing for a big chipper but are these light weight machines worn out by then?

Sold my quadchip with just over 400hrs nd was perfect apart from a few paint chips, replaced barring at 350hrs as got a bit of play so got done before they become a problem.

Difference can be all down to maintance, hopefully a owner operator will care more than a fleet machine, also remember some chippers do that many hrs chipping and others do high hrs running and only a few actually chipping.

The problem you will have Ben with a lightweight machine of any make is your sending it out with guys, imo 750k machines are ok with owner operating as owners are more careful, write it into your business plan as a five year asset and sell it on when knackered.

I know this has be discussed over and over, but there have been allot of changes in chippers in the last few years.. How are recent sub 750 models holding out which are the best..

I am not interested in "the get a trailer licence" argument or anything over 750kg.. I have never really used little chippers. I have two 10 inch chippers and a small 7 inch... But I am contemplating a sub 750kg so freelancers or new staff can tow.

This is my list of what is out there...

Greenmech Arborist 150- 26hp or 34hp Kubota diesel engine

Greenmech Quadchip 160 – 34hp diesel

Timberwolf TW230DHB 35hp Kubota 4 cylinder engine

Timberwold 240 34HP Kubota 3-cylinder What happened to them?

Vermeer BC160XL 19.4 kW (26 hp) Kohler diesel engine

Jenson 530L 34HP Kubota

Raptor 750 38hp diesel engine

TP- 130 Mobile 24hp

Schliesing 175 MX Kubota engine 15.4 kW (21 hp)

Don’t do one:

Bandit

Forst

Landforce

Tunnissen

The new TP175 is sub 750kg with 35hp engine

New tp175 looks good

Iv used the old tp175 and it's a good machine

Get some demos booked Ben

Coincidently I have seen a TP175 today behind a Landy..

Trouble is with demos's is they don't show up the issues that occur a year or two down the line... I don't know but have a feeling these light weight models have to compromise something..

Coincidently I have seen a TP175 today behind a Landy..

Trouble is with demos's is they don't show up the issues that occur a year or two down the line... I don't know but have a feeling these light weight models have to compromise something..

They do Ben, the whole machine is a comprise, there a 3 to 5 year machine.