Finland anyone ?

Hello chaps , I'm seriously thinking of moving on to pastures new and want to try Finland , particularly the northern part . After the disappointment of being rejected for a US visa ( Alaska ) i feel Finland could be the answer .

If anyone has any experiences of out there i would love to hear it particularly the tree care industry rather than forestry .

Thanks very much .

Hello chaps , I'm seriously thinking of moving on to pastures new and want to try Finland , particularly the northern part . After the disappointment of being rejected for a US visa ( Alaska ) i feel Finland could be the answer .

If anyone has any experiences of out there i would love to hear it particularly the tree care industry rather than forestry .

Thanks very much .

Give Metsaman a PM . He is from Finland I think ...

I worked out there for a year on the forestry side. Most of it is harvester and forwarder work. Clearing saw for early stand work. Most of the utility work i saw was done from a helicopter with dangling circular saws.

We drove off a harvester off the low loader and did a few trees in a blokes garden once. I didn't see a single arb team in my time over there. I expect if you go to Helsinki, Tampere Turku then you may have them. If you go up into Lapland trees are very small (they have their own harvester driving method up there) so i doubt they have much arb.

Metsaman on here is a Fin so he maybe more helpful that I.

One of my best mates lives out there with his Finnish wife. We were at their wedding in central Funland and a logging truck pulled in so I went over for a chat with my kids...

When I told the driver I climbed trees and cut them he looked at me like I was a crazy fool.

Not sure of the cities in the south though. Good luck.

One of my best mates lives out there with his Finnish wife. We were at their wedding in central Funland and a logging truck pulled in so I went over for a chat with my kids...

When I told the driver I climbed trees and cut them he looked at me like I was a crazy fool.

Not sure of the cities in the south though. Good luck.

Hmm here in lies the problem .. A bit of positivity is that i found 1 day climbing courses in the city I want for a staggering 2000 euro !! Maybe there is a demand but probably small one ..