stihl in the rainforest

jarborist

It's interesting that they have decided to keep supplying the MS720 but not the 090, and not the AV model. AV was available right from the beginning to the end of the production run for the 090 and 070 in most countries - it was even redeveloped for the later saws. They share so many parts in common that I would be surprised if you couldn't convert an MS720 to an 090. Given its enduring popularity and the advantages of AV I would have thought the 090AV would have been an obvious saw to keep making, in parallel with an MS720AV, but clearly not.

Alec

can't see any chain break on that saw

What for?

I am guessing you haven't used an 070 or 090, but I can assure you these two beleive it or not are the safest saws I have used. And whilst no expert in chainbreak design, I a not even sure if you would be able to stop the chain without excessive engineering, especially on the 090.