Show us your Fork lifts ;0)

AndyChalmers

what does everyone use for their fork lifts?

I have a 5 ton 360 with log grab & a 30hp tractor with forks.

My problem is I use tractor to power my processor and need a Fork lift to move my bulk bags on pallets. I ideally need another set of forks and need ideas on what to use, I dont want to use tractor front forks as there not very manuvarable, I carnt use a normal fork truck as it would get stuck as they have no ground clearance plus they weight 2-3 ton (i have tarmac chippings) as a hard base but its too loose for a fork truck. I only need to pick up 1/2 ton and stack 1 mtr high, any suggestions?

I have a spare 4T dumper, maybe add a old tracktor 3pt linkage fork lift on the rear of dumper?????

Hi

You have two options

you could mount a forklift mast on your dumper take the skip off and use he tip ram to tilt you mast then you would need another spool lever to control the up and down or even two and add a side shift at our local scrapyard they used to get quite a few forklifts in with perfectly useable masts you should get set up for a few hundred pounds johnsons used to make a humpa dumper which was basically a demountable skip and a demountable forklift my mates got one and its quite a handy bit of kit.

Your other option would be to get a donkey engine to power your processor the chap who I bought my processor off had a smiley face transit engine and gear box set up it had to be in reverse gear to be in the right direction for pto but it worked fine and he said it was very economical on fuel you could mount this on a stand that you could move with your forks on your tractor

again with a bit of tinkering you could get set up for a few hundred pounds

good luck

If you go the dumper way get a triple spool or more and run everything off that. Not sure how fast it would be and wouldn't comply to any regulations if you have staff.

Telehandlers take some beating as a multi use tool. We have a bucket, grab, forks and access cage for ours. They are available in various steering setups. Four wheel steer or artic are very manoeuvrable for their size. Might be more money than you want to spend though.