New roller mower needed

tim361

I can't really see the point in buying a chinese Weibang when you can have a time proven Kaaz (with blade brake) for the same price. There really is not a better mower on the market than the Kaaz ( or badged derivatives)

The JD? I love the JD mowers and have sold plenty. Really good mowers but sadly the 52cm roller mowers that I have sold to commercial users have proved to be a bit expensive to run with rollers, gearboxes and belts. Even changing the drive belt takes a good bloke well over half an hour to do. The domestic owners have been well chuffed, but commercial users would not have another. And yet again, they are more expensive than the Kaaz and not as good, so why bother?

And, for information the JD is not rebadged. Its the original German Sabo mower and JD have owned Sabo for many years.

Myne was second hand so maybe it had a hard life. I remember chainging the belt. I am not sure if I did it right but I remember having to take engine out. There was lots of plastic guards in the way around chute area that wanted removing. Also I rember having to take weight of engine while holding the plastic guards & metal bracket all in line this took ages to locate you needed to be an octupuss. Iam sure a pro machinary mechanic could do alot beter than me very difficult for an experinced D.I.Y. like myself. In machinary i find simplicity the key to sucsess I guess the Americans or Germans dissagreed. I deffently found changing the gearbox on a Kubota/Honda easier just not cheaper in parts.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stiga are not publishing the forward speeds yet for some reason, probably an oversight.

But it is fitted with a varistor, so will be quite fast enough in the fast position.

Fitted with the low vibe engine mounts too, so will be a joy to use.

Looks like I might have the try one, amd at 30 kg its a winner :001_tt2:

Further to the specs of the 4 wheeled Stiga 55SV H, after a bit more research this morning I find conflicting info on the weight of the Stiga, one source says 54kg, another says 39kg. These errors are common with new machines as the literature is produced long before the machines are actually built.

These machines are not in the UK yet, but are due in a few weeks, when the first one arrives I will check the weight and put my website right.

I have found specs for the forward speed range as well. It appears to be 3 - 4.4 km/h, which puts it just a fraction under the equivalent sized John Deere.

The Mountfield roller version is faster at 3.2 - 5 km/h

Used an old Masport for years never let us down, went & bought an etesia (I know not a roller but collection in wet is far superior) closest to that for collection was a Rover again not a rear roller, etesia are now producing a roller attachment for the 46 model but seriously expensive, viking are good in the wet but reliability is a known issue for professional users, Lawnflite is one we are looking at along with etesia with roller attachment for this season, demo'd the etesia 46 once again great collection, to combat weight when lifting over steps or taking out of van always carry a piece of ply for this reason.

First job I do is rivet a ally guard at the bottom of the chain cover , second mod os drill a hole to allow oil can to lube chain, never had a plastic deck break but I have worn them out .I have always said the Hayters make a better cut with the angle of the blade and only use them has fine cut mowers. .

Richard 1234

Hayter is Toro or vice versa

Ste

Thanks for that do you know who revived atco ?