converting tracked chipper to crane fed

Johny Walker

would there be any issues converting a tracky to a crane fed, buy changing the standard hopper on a jensen a540t to 1, that would permit feeding by crane or mini digger ,

the plan would be crane fed for site work or the bigger jobs then popping the standard hopper bk on foe every thing else

your thoughts,comments & advice :001_smile:

jensen already make a crane fed a540t,£££££££££££:laugh1:

WP_20150814_001.jpg.2f05a0e83f8b110dd387ac0c6070da26.jpg

a-540-p3.jpg.dc94a743aef6164440e8ac2ee327479e.jpg

would the power consumption of the crane make the stress control come on a lot how many hp is the engine i would think you would need 10-15 hp just to make the crane operate at a decent speed also would the stability be affected by the high centre of gravity of the crane it sounds like a good project post plenty of pics if you do it

I'd just take the fold down hopper and control bar off if you're feeding with a mini digger. It would be handy if you could come up with a radio control system to switch between feed and reverse.

would prob need to fit an impact frame of sorts to combat any digger bashing ,till i get used to feeding it :laugh1:

would prob need to fit an impact frame of sorts to combat any digger bashing ,till i get used to feeding it :laugh1:

Ha ha, might be wise!!! That's my thinking for taking the fold down flap off, a digger would soon bend that out of shape. Could you unbolt the entire hopper and just have bare rollers? That would be some weapon then (but you'd need to add protection around the hydraulics etc, as you'd end up working pretty close to the vulnerable bits).

Ha ha, might be wise!!! That's my thinking for taking the fold down flap off, a digger would soon bend that out of shape. Could you unbolt the entire hopper and just have bare rollers? That would be some weapon then (but you'd need to add protection around the hydraulics etc, as you'd end up working pretty close to the vulnerable bits).

that was what i im looking @ doing ,make sure the valve block is protected ,simlar to the jensen verison.

there would be a frame & feed table

need to find some one to make it ,