Small home log splitter

Stoatally

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a Handy THLS-6 and although I have nothing to compare it with it makes short work of the stuff I've put through it - up to approx 12" diameter and 10" long. Much easier than using the x27 :thumbup1:

By the time you've lifted every log a meter off the ground you might as well have swung the X27 :sneaky2:

I have 2 processors, many chanisaws etc etc. At home I just take 5ft lengths home use the smallest chainsaw and use a splitting axe. Its fast, keeps me fit and I love to swing the axe for a short period. My splitting axe is heavy, like a sledge hammer with a axe head. My felling axe is alot lighter and splits softwood but doesnt have the weight to split hardwood.

Splitting Axe - Which Axe Is The Best? bit of a explanation here

July_06055.jpg

pics from web but similar to mine

Edited by AndyChalmers
add pic

By the time you've lifted every log a meter off the ground you might as well have swung the X27 :sneaky2:

If the axe went through first time every time then you may well be right but it doesn't, at least not at this house....

I admit the x27 is a good axe and I've said as much on other posts but it's not easier.