Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

• 2 weeks later...

Could be too much friction in the bearing on the clutch, need cleaning and grease.
Correct.

Before I bought it, there has been alot of heat around the clutch. Side cover all bubbled and oil worm the same, some of which plastic has slagged into the needle bearing. Cleared it all out, dremelled some bits off. Much less chain creep but not perfect, doesn't cut out with the brake on, starts with the brake on and with a were tune up doesn't require throttle to start.

Have ordered new side cover, clutch springs, oil worm gear and needle bearing to eliminate this hopefully properly.

Joe worth a check if your getting chain run on
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 13/04/2018 at 21:17, john p said:

Cool, mines running the1/4 bar and chain already, looks like the big drill bits are coming out tomorrow!

Hey John,

I got myself one of these now and absolutely love it!

How did you find the bar and chain change and exhaust opening?

Did it help? I’m reluctant to change the chain as those little chains are a pita to sharpen. Maybe a pic of your exhaust if poss?

48 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Hey John,

I got myself one of these now and absolutely love it!

How did you find the bar and chain change and exhaust opening?

Did it help? I’m reluctant to change the chain as those little chains are a pita to sharpen. Maybe a pic of your exhaust if poss?

Mick, swapping to the tiny chain and bar is the most important mod you'll do on that saw. Get a magnifying glass with a lamp on it and a proper file guide for the tiny file to help.

It's like buying a fast car and driving it with the handbrake half on otherwise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mick, swapping to the tiny chain and bar is the most important mod you'll do on that saw. Get a magnifying glass with a lamp on it and a proper file guide for the tiny file to help.

It's like buying a fast car and driving it with the handbrake half on otherwise. 
Yes pita to sharpen but worth it. Stihl 10" chains are a tenner from l and s

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, kcstevens said:

Anyone find the 2511 doesn't like really wet weather because the air filter gets soaking wet? Just wondering if they're all the same or if I should try replacing the a.f cover

I've not encountered this yet.  My air filter cover fell off a few times which was annoying so i drilled a small hole thru it and used a cable tie to secure it.