Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Hi guys, been using the little echo for a month or so now, love it but have been having the same starting issues as everyone else. When cleaning the air filter I notice there seems to be some fuel blowback happening? Anyone else have this?

• 4 months later...
On 20/02/2016 at 22:54, Maxnaggle said:

Heya all, I've been debating buying a new top handle for a while now, but wasn't sold on either the stihl or the husky, so I ended up going for the new echo 2510, after really enjoying using the stihl 150.

I'll use the saw along side my 200t.

The saw cost 335 all in from radmore and tucker, first impressions are that it is tiny! The saw feels well built and solid. I noticed it has a walbro carb which I thought was a nice touch.

The only thing that takes away from the saw is the 3/8th chain that comes standard on this saw, compared with the 1/4 on the stihl 150. I just think it's pointless to run a chain that big on such a tiny saw, it will still pull the bar through field maple no worries, just not very smoothly.. So I think I'll try and find a 1/4 drive sprocket... (If anyone has converted a saw any advice would be appreciated!)

Ta!

DSC_0111.jpg.40ba8b0087b918c049869c3e29f43459.jpg

Just bought one. Good thread cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else snapped a brake band yet? Mine went in 8 to 9 months of light use, wore right through. Everything else seems OK, other than it being a little hard to start warm, and air filters need a blow out a bit more frequently than other saws.

When I don't have the saw I really miss it!

6 hours ago, Fredward said:

Anyone else snapped a brake band yet? Mine went in 8 to 9 months of light use, wore right through. Everything else seems OK, other than it being a little hard to start warm, and air filters need a blow out a bit more frequently than other saws.

When I don't have the saw I really miss it!

How did you manage to wear out a break band in that time?? Are you starting it with the brake on causing the hard start as well?