Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Put my CS2511 TESC thru it's paces this week. When I unboxed and assembled it I noted the Echo branded carving bar was very swanky looking and is .50 gauge. I ran it up and immediately felt/noticed resistance and the bar tip 'blued up' with excess heat so I had to really slacken off the chain to the extent it was hanging off the bottom of the guide bar, this to me renders the cutting gear as 'unsuitable'. The saw was oiling generously so no issues there that I can see, however I did not try adjusting the oiler. I swapped out the echo C&B in favour of the stihl MS 150T C&B which is the smaller .43 gauge as this has a nose sprocket as opposed to the Echo solid nose bar which I suspect was the cause of the overheating. I also cable tied 2 small covers as I had them come adrift on the original 2510 seeing as the 2511 is near as dammit identical to the earlier saw and I don't wanna be losing covers. I also added a loop to the tool clip fir extra peace of mind.

5e27f02a564aa5e825e9862a3ce75168.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

Here ya go Fred, I added this short loop to the hand grip to assist the stock tool attachment ring.

Sorry, yes. It is the Sugi bar and chain combo. Just trying to find out if I can run the stihl bar and chain setup from the 2510 on it as a spare or will I need to change the sprocket? Currently the only spare chain I have for it is the stihl I bar and chain. Guess I need to order spares!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...